Simcraft trinket comparisons!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Simcraft trinket comparisons!

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:17 am

A quick sim of all possible trinket combinations of the BoE trinkets and all raid trinkets. This is done with IN + MI + PC, with 667 ilvl. (my armory, link in signature)

This is updated for december 8th hotfixes.

Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Stressball

Re: Simcraft trinket comparisons!

Unread postby Stressball Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:28 am

Is this with the stealth nerf to the Copeland's proc? Heard it is 1100 SP now instead of 1467, but tooltip didn't get updated.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 am

All the trinkets are updated.
Resshin

Unread postby Resshin Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Is the stage one DMF trinket better than Coagulated Genesaur Blood?
Beeblespark

Unread postby Beeblespark Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:38 am

Is the stage one DMF trinket better than Coagulated Genesaur Blood?
Yeah I'd like to know this as well, all the resources I've found that rank trinkets use the 665 (stage 3), which I don't think is even obtainable yet, would love to know the ranking for the lower stages.
nuktuk

Unread postby nuktuk Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:18 am

http://i.imgur.com/Q7NsCpg.png" target="_blank

WF blood is stronger than stage 1 DMF, but not the regular heroic version.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:41 pm

http://i.imgur.com/Q7NsCpg.png

WF blood is stronger than stage 1 DMF, but not the regular heroic version.
You can't compare trinkets that linearily though. Some trinkets work better/worse with eachother. Like 2 crit procs will do lower together than they show individually.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Ellerianfan

Unread postby Ellerianfan Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 am

So copeland may not be realistic for some of us at this time, so what would be the next best thing to bring to CMs right now and Highmaul on tuesday?
Stressball

Unread postby Stressball Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:36 am

So copeland may not be realistic for some of us at this time, so what would be the next best thing to bring to CMs right now and Highmaul on tuesday?
That's what the list is meant to tell you. Pick the best trinket combination you can from what is available to you. As for CMs, I'm not sure Copeland's is best there since it gets scaled down. I know the 615 trinkets are looking good at this point since they seem to have escaped the nerfs. Alchemy trinket and PvP trinket are also good choices.
Rettep

Unread postby Rettep Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:58 pm

I am running copeland's with everbloom's hc trinket in cm atm. However, I got today 615 ilvl trinket iwht 118 intelect and 1200 versatility proc and I am wondering if it is worth to take it instead of everblooms.
Rettep <Ecology> Kazzak
HM 7/7M, BRF 10/10M, HFC 13/13M

Armory
Guild Armory
Guild Website
Ayreal

Unread postby Ayreal Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 am

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but since it's about trinkets, the OP seemed appropriate.
I just picked up a Copelands Clarity, and before equipping it, I decided to sim my character with its current trinkets vs adding the Copelands. From everything I've read on here, and on Vykina's page, Copelands should be much higher than my current trinkets, but the sim is showing it would be ~800 dps lost if I were to equip it. I've run the sim half a dozen times now (25,000 iterations for each), and it's staying very consistent with the results. Here's a link to my armory so you can see my current trinkets:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... l/advanced" target="_blank

Anyone have any ideas why the sim is showing such a big decrease on my damage when the Copelands is supposed to be a fairly substantial upgrade? I spent a lot on it, so I'm hoping to figure this out asap...
Thanks!
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:42 am

Copeland's has an on use component.

Making sure Copeland's is always the 2nd trinket and then adding the line "actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2" to the Cooldowns section achieved the results below.

I would imagine the reason this line is not in the default APL is because having a trinket which does not have an on use component will cause an error to be shown at the top of the results page which may confuse some users who are not expecting the error.
Doji

Unread postby Doji Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:26 pm

thanks chev, ive been wondering about that too, seeing a ~800 dps loss with equipping copelands.
can i use the trinket in slot1 if i change the action line to slot=trinket1?
Traumprinz

Unread postby Traumprinz Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:33 pm

However, I got today 615 ilvl trinket iwht 118 intelect and 1200 versatility proc and I am wondering if it is worth to take it instead of everblooms.
I'm also curious about this. The trinket is called Munificent Orb of Ice and just measuring it's stats (counting the proc) against the stat weights for FB_MI_PC/TV seems to make it on par or even ahead of Coagulated/Ragewing-trinkets. I have NOT simmed this this is just food for thought. I also haven't at all thought about how it would compare to "better" trinkets (DMC/Cope/etc) since they are out of my reach.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but since it's about trinkets, the OP seemed appropriate.
I just picked up a Copelands Clarity, and before equipping it, I decided to sim my character with its current trinkets vs adding the Copelands. From everything I've read on here, and on Vykina's page, Copelands should be much higher than my current trinkets, but the sim is showing it would be ~800 dps lost if I were to equip it. I've run the sim half a dozen times now (25,000 iterations for each), and it's staying very consistent with the results. Here's a link to my armory so you can see my current trinkets:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... l/advanced" target="_blank

Anyone have any ideas why the sim is showing such a big decrease on my damage when the Copelands is supposed to be a fairly substantial upgrade? I spent a lot on it, so I'm hoping to figure this out asap...
Thanks!
You need to regenerate the APL if you are going to introduce new elements into it (on use radias that didn't exist before, on use items, etc).

Remove the APL from anything you are simming will force that to happen, as does adding default_actions=1 to the file you are simming.
Petfood101

Unread postby Petfood101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:14 am

While we are talking about trinkets.. Where exactly can i farm CC? Dont say its a world drop, but are there any good zones where effective farm is possible?
Ellerianfan

Unread postby Ellerianfan Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:57 am

I understand Dutch's chart on the OP but my question is what is available to us right now. If we were not able to obtain a CC whats the next best thing to wear to raid tomorrow?
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 am

While we are talking about trinkets.. Where exactly can i farm CC? Dont say its a world drop, but are there any good zones where effective farm is possible?
it's a world drop, so anywhere with high mob density.
Resshin

Unread postby Resshin Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:24 am

Looks like Sandman's Pouch got buffed. Gives 175 int now instead of 117. Also, Coplands was buffed too.
Petfood101

Unread postby Petfood101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am

Where did you learn that it has been buffed? Also, the Insignia of Dominance, in the armory it shows it gives intellect, while at the vendor it gives versatility. Bugged? Or different item?

Return to “Frost”