The E3 thread

Enjoy!
ZomgDPS

The E3 thread

Unread postby ZomgDPS Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 am

Who won day 1?

I think Sony killed it. Oh man the Batman game looks amazing!!
"Zom is the ace in the hole you keep for when sh!t hits the fan and you need that clutch. Unleash him then sit back and in just a few seconds all your problems disappear, mainly since they were just melted"
- Archlord Dymon (rBG lead)
MGT

Re: The E3 thread

Unread postby MGT Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Honestly, nobody "won". They were all pretty decent, exept EA's precentation was hilariously bad.. But still nothing truly amazing, at least for EU residents. We got games everybody expected and that was kinda it. I mean sure the remastered Grim Fandango sounds great, but I've played that game so many times, and the graphics ain't even that bad in the old version.

What really was the high point(for me) for the day was the "other" news. GTA V for PC etc.

And most disappointingly we heard nothing for the next big things from Bethesda and Eidos, who outside of CD Project Red are the only ones I trust to make a good RPG nowdays.. And oh do I love me RPG's. Now I know am probably in the minority(not on these forums I hope) when it comes to games I want to play, but generic shooter after generic shooter after generic shooter, just is not what I want. Sure there are Assasins Creed etc, but really there was no eye dropping RPG to be found. And after Wither comes, there is nothing in line. ZERO. I mean sure there is still hope for something been secretly taken into the convention floors and we get hammered by something today, but for me personally Gamescom is probably going to be way better when it comes to my interests in gaming.

Now yes I sound like a crumpy and cynical jerk, but big publishers just take no risks anymore and try to go for max profit, and that just seems to get me shafted when it comes to my gaming preferences.

Anyways don't take this too harshly.. am just venting here. And yes Batman looks cool.
ZomgDPS

Unread postby ZomgDPS Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Oh come on mang, don't try to say you aren't even a little excited for the remastered Grim Fandango? :P

For the first time (in a while it seems), I am super excited about the upcoming gaming season. Some pretty epic games on the horizon if you ask me.

I know for a fact that my life will probably cease to exist as I know it today when the new Civ drops. I'm pretty much giddy like a schoolgirl for it in a way I haven't been in a very very long time.
Then you have the new Witcher, the new Dragon Age. Thats some pretty meaty RPG action right there dude (even though Bethesda do seem to be sitting this one out so far, but in all honesty, they have earned it - let them take their time imho).
And now the new Batman which looks like it might be a release day purchase? And its only been day 1 of E3 so far!

So yea, chipper up mate. Its not too bad :P Lord (Zom) knows we have had some horribad gaming seasons in the past. :D
"Zom is the ace in the hole you keep for when sh!t hits the fan and you need that clutch. Unleash him then sit back and in just a few seconds all your problems disappear, mainly since they were just melted"
- Archlord Dymon (rBG lead)
Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Only thing new that really interested me was Bloodborne, and only because I'm a huge Demon's/Dark Souls fan and I'll play pretty much anything Hidetaka Miyazaki shits out. Oh and The Witcher 3 too.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
MGT

Unread postby MGT Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah, I will defo play Grim Fandango.

What comes to RPG's yes Witcher is coming. But Dragon Age has to prove itself for me, Bioware just hasn't made a truly epic game since Dragon Age Origins.. 1 could argue ME2 was epic, but for me it was a step back from being a true RPG when comparing to ME1. But the real question is even if DA Inq. manages to deliver.. What exactly is there after that? 2 RPG's that are hitting before 2016 it looks.. Me not happy.

Also there is still a chance of something being on the floors that we totally don't know about and there were only EA/Ubi pressers outside of consoles, so remains to be seen.

Should probably add I mean Western RPG's.. Not that I don't like myself some Final Fantasy etc.

Return to “Off Topic”