Might & Magic: Heroes VI

Enjoy!
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Might & Magic: Heroes VI

Unread postby Akraen Thu May 29, 2014 3:06 pm

This game rocks, it seriously does. It doesn't get the attention it deserves nowadays thanks to how RTS completely dominates this strategy genre. I'm currently getting into map making and am having a lot of fun with it.

If you're interested in joining up for a map sometime, let me know!

Here are some pics to lure you in:

Oh and we know where Blizz stole Shek'zeer from:

Yes, it's a world much larger than WoW, and fortunately not an MMO. However some maps can be designed to be played indefinitely with hero leveling!
Kver
Administrator

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI

Unread postby Kver Thu May 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Are those "real" ingame screenshots? That looks pretty good!
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu May 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Apart from the dragons, demon Seraph, and the Shekzeer lookalike yeah.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Fri May 30, 2014 2:35 am

You convinced me.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Yay :D It's really worth it. You'll be slow for the first bit, but once you learn the complexities of the game you'll wreck it.

Play on max difficulty to witness the best AI I've ever seen. These guys should seriously be developing WoW.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I am afraid of max difficulty :(
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Shangalar

Unread postby Shangalar Fri May 30, 2014 2:05 pm

It's a very amazing game! I have all the Heroes games original because I love them all, I grew up with HOMM 2 and 3. Bought this from uplay last year, but I haven't had time to complete it yet. I remember to open at at 3 AM usually so I just fall asleep after 5 turns.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Fri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm

It's a very amazing game! I have all the Heroes games original because I love them all, I grew up with HOMM 2 and 3. Bought this from uplay last year, but I haven't had time to complete it yet. I remember to open at at 3 AM usually so I just fall asleep after 5 turns.
Haha I know the feeling. Takes a long time to get through the campaigns.

Multiplayer & map editor rock too. Map editor is like designing your own game, even has options for repeatable quests and stuff.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:15 am

Spent several hours today making a mountain kingdom for one of the factions in a 512x512 (gigantic) map I'm making:

Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 am

This game was a blast to play (however I did it on normal because strategy ^^)
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Quick mspaint sketch of the map I'm working on, the screenshot above is in the Kingdom of Brynd.

This map is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Kingdom of Brynd
-Haven
-Light Elementals

The Kingdom of Brynd is located in the most hospitable region of Tirath Morten. Despite the frequent snows, grass is able to continue to grow even in winter months. The location for the Capitol of Brynd was decided centuries ago when His Majesty Perentius I took a small group of explorers up a narrow series of elk trails to a majestic peak which offered enough space to terraform into a town. This location provides a strong vantage point and defense against any threat.

Brynd was named after a fictional legend, Amorthis Brynd, said to be the embodiment of pure light and beauty, a fallen Celestial who gave her life to save a nameless king. It is common in the culture of Brynd, even among peasants, to refer to fictional tales to draw inspiration and confidence in the tough climate. The more cheeky commoner might refer to the windy days atop Brynd peak as "the flatulence of the great celestials." Even the Crown takes pleasure in tongue-in-cheek jokes for the sake of morale in this brutal terrain.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Kingdom of Qi'Xuen
-Sanctuary
-Water Elementals & Mermaids

Qi'Xuen is an ancient order of monks that have existed in a state of anything but peace in Tirath Morten for millenia. Little has changed in this kingdom for that time but now the winds are picking up. Despite the tough climate, during most of the year the waters remain unfrozen in the low-lying areas of the northeast. Qi'Xuen citizens all help the empire take from the land only what it needs. Unfortunately a great shift has brought evil across the western ridges and rumors of Stronghold warriors threaten from the peaks above.

The last time a samurai or monk has ventured west of the great Aggraton Mountains was over a thousand years ago. Ancient texts refer to a harsh, unforgiving climate of hostile snow and winds. Those who lived in Qi'Xuen had no interest in pursuing it any further and left it alone. The more temperate and hospitable lands to the south were given in a trade to the Kingdom of Brynd, thus resulting in a healthy alliance which has existed henceforth.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Kingdom of Aloatha
-Dungeon
-Necropolis
-Darkness Elementals

Far into the southwest of Tirath Morten are inhospitable lands for any normal mortal lives. Dark magic, on the other hand, follows different rules. Aloatha is the name of a great sorceress said to have lived for two hundred years through her manipulation of magic and time. She was the darkest of witches and created a shadowmancer's domain of darkness elementals, black dragons, and armies of undead. She has since passed but the kingdom named after he continues to thrive in a bloodthirsty way.

Recently, Aloathans have been kept occupied by the growing Oclaric Mountain Tribe which has been developing pathways down from their peaks to attack bases and resource holds of the Kingdom. Rarely seen by the more peaceful kingdoms of the east, the Oclaric tribal leaders have clearly determined it more ethical to attack what is already dead. Though nobody in the land of Tirath Morten would ever assume an alliance with the mountain tribes.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Kingdom of Morgitha
-Inferno
-Fire Elementals

Morgithans are a lustful, violent people who have assembled armies of deformed, mutated servants of flame and shadow. Through their nefarious sorcery they have risen volcanic mountains into the northwestern range of Aggaton. Formerly low-lying areas are now layered in magma of varying solidity. Little is known of the origins of this kingdom but it is rumored to be that a well-respected sorceress, possibly a relative or friend of Aloatha had an affinity for fiery magic and learned how to draw it out of the center of the world.

Morgithans intend to conquer Tirath Morten and have been developing well-networked bases that stretch outward from their Capitol. Of all the kingdoms, Morgitha is the most militaristic and prepared for war. If fate swings their direction, ash will fall instead of snow across the entire continent.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Oclaric Mountain Tribe (azure)
-Stronghold/Limited
-Scattered along ridges/isolated foothills

Little is known of the Oclaric tribes other than from the perspective of the Qi-Xuen which used to have an understanding of boundaries and would meet up with their tribal leaders to exchange resources and pelts before each winter. Those trades and tidings have since seized as it appears the Oclaric are more interested in gaining a foothold for strength in the western regions of the Aggaton range.

While not numerous or any military threat, geurilla tactics will lead this ancient tribe into a position of strength as the regions of Tirath Morten begin to clash.

==================================================================================
Natellen Mountain Tribe (orange)
-Stronghold/Limited
-Scattered along peaks

As little as there is known of the Oclaric Tribe, even less is known of the Natellen. Rumors barely survive from the steep peaks of Aggaton to the inns and taverns below. However, a passerby may learn from a pub in Brynd that as hard to breath as it is atop their Capitol city, it is not half the height of the stronghold atop Makokki Peak, which is said to be the ceiling of the world.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

you are too creative for your own good... :P
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 am

The Kingdom of Brynd takes shape:
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:36 am

This is a wealthy kingdom. Did some mason work and put a catapult on the top tower, which is the back left of the Capitol. Down the mountain a fair bit in the back is a smaller town within the kingdom, hot springs and a bit of light magic are keeping a giant statue afloat.

Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:09 am

Such a beautiful yet fortified mountain kingdom. The hot springs and presence of divine life creates an abundance of nature, giant trees.

Return to “Off Topic”