Heroes of the Storm

Enjoy!
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Heroes of the Storm

Unread postby voltaa Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Just got into the alpha last week, and having never played a MOBA before outside of a game or two of league that I was instantly flamed out of for not knowing what to do my first game, I found this to be very easy to get into. No items or last hit focus but even with shared xp across the team, laning still remains important to keep from falling behind the other team in levels. It feels like they struck a good balance between focusing on laning but keeping the action fresh with lots of team fights for the objective that goes with each map.

My observations so far: Raynor is OP burst with the proper build and when not focused down in big team fights will often be the decision maker picking off enemy heroes from the back.

Zeratul is a very strong "jungler" though I use the term a little loosely with HotS, when paired with Patches for ambush burst and a grip he can pretty much kill any hero in the duration of a CC or two. A good counter for Raynor

Uther is broken as support, needs nerfing. That is all.

All in all I found this game to be quite fun and Hearthstone did with TCG style games, seems to be a "lower barrier of entry" to the genre while keeping the ability for high level competition.

When I get home I'll share a couple builds that I found to be quite effective, if anyone else has been playing I'd like to see what other people are doing, especially outside of using the current OP heroes (Raynor, Nova, Uther, Zeratul).

So here are the builds that I've put together so far as decently good builds to play with

Nova (High Burst/Ambush) For this build you want to W for the damage bonus then Q and auto attack with the bonus attack power then E while you chase.

1- Ambush Snipe

4- Focused Attack

7- Follow Through

10- Precision Strike

13- Holo Drone

16- Crippling Shot

20- Precision Barrage

Raynor (High Burst) Basically with this build you want to Q your oppnent, slow them with W and 1 for a huge burst attack to follow up with Focused attacks/Searing Attacks

1- Path of the Assassin

4- Focused Attack

7- Searing Attacks

10- Hyperion

13- The art of War

16- Executioner

20- Battle Hyperion

Tassadar With this build you use your E on the largest groups possible for mana regen to toss out as many shields as possible while using your R to break off an enemy hero from the pack for the gank.

1- Overload

4- Psi-Infusion

7- Khala's Embrace

10- Force Wall

13- Prescience

16- Second Strike

20- Force Barrier
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Mageski

Re: Heroes of the Storm

Unread postby Mageski Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 pm

I really want to get into Heroes but the control method to me feels like Diablo, but even more clunky. Some one of these days I'll give it another go, but it didn't grab me and hold me the way that most games that I end up getting addicted to have.

Return to “Off Topic”