Thanks button

Dokem

Thanks button

Unread postby Dokem Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:55 pm

A thank you or like button, to show gratitude for all the work some people put in some of the great posts and replies they give.

Most of the time I just want to say thanks for this or that, but I don't post it, because I think it's a reply of little value. I'd love to see a thank button that could allow me not to spam the forums, but still get the chance to let the rest how much we value their work.
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Thanks button

Unread postby Chev Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

I like this.

:)
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 am

A sort of "reputation" system where upvotes/downvotes increase your reputation? (Bit like reddit)

Or just "liking" a threat like on facebook?

The first is quite a big deal to implement, and I probably can't find the time for right now, but I was thinking of doing something similiar to the second for a while myself.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:07 am

Second one seems amazing (without a dislike function, however much i'd like to downvote DG's comments)
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:37 am

Second one seems amazing (without a dislike function, however much i'd like to downvote DG's comments)
It's a good job I don't have any feelings, because I imagine they'd be pretty hurt right now.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:01 am

A sort of "reputation" system where upvotes/downvotes increase your reputation? (Bit like reddit)

Or just "liking" a threat like on facebook?

The first is quite a big deal to implement, and I probably can't find the time for right now, but I was thinking of doing something similiar to the second for a while myself.
Reputation might be more useful in the long run. Are there no existing schemes for it that you can import?
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm thankful to everyone show keeps this a positive, helpful community free of the nonsense you find on other forums <3
Dokem

Unread postby Dokem Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:25 am

Not reputation, just a thank you button. It's just that I want to find a less spammy solution to thank you all for the great content we find in these forums.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”