Looking for help setting up TellMeWhen addon for Fire

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Prelimar

Looking for help setting up TellMeWhen addon for Fire

Unread postby Prelimar Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:52 pm

hello, fellow mages --

I have never used the addon TellMeWhen before, but from what I understand it is very flexible and would be a good way for me to track when it would be best to use Combustion. Is this correct? I have used other addons for this in the past, but they don't seem to be working correctly any more, and honestly TellMeWhen sounds like a good single solution replacement for a few addons I use. (Hooray for streamlining!)

I am looking for some help in how to set it up correctly for Fire... can anyone help? I've looked around online and also in the AT forums, but everything I've found has either been for other specs or is so outdated that it isn't helpful. I appreciate any help. Thank you!
Prelimar
~~~~~~~>>o
DyLemma

Re: Looking for help setting up TellMeWhen addon for Fire

Unread postby DyLemma Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Don't think TMW has that kind of capabilities, but WeakAuras is the addon that does that. TellMeWhen can show you when Combustion is coming off cooldown, time on cooldown etc.
Prelimar

Unread postby Prelimar Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:16 pm

hmm, maybe I misunderstood its capabilities, then. Is there crossover in Weak Auras and TMW's capabilities? Or would I need both to cover timers and when it's best for Combustion? If Weak Auras can do both, perhaps I should look into just using that. hmm.
Prelimar
~~~~~~~>>o
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

TMW supports custom LUA scripts like Weakauras does. I do not know exactly how it works but I suspect it's doable. However, most people are dealing with Weakauras and most of the help will come for that.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”