I really need help. (arcane)

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
skylerwhite

I really need help. (arcane)

Unread postby skylerwhite Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:29 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

Hey guys,

I'm basically clueless, recently I swapped to arcane duo my PoF trinket and class trinket. It seems to be insane in dungeons, 200-300k burst easily. Problem is, I tried it in raid, and somehow im missing something, because I rarely hit higher then 65k dps, which is quite odd if you lookup my gear.

Here are some logs of HFC HC
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rT ... amage-done" target="_blank
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aB ... amage-done" target="_blank

I hope it's something in my rotation, so I can do something about:)

PS: both trinket and set bonus proc rate is really low, I'm lucky to get 1 stack of the set 3 times a fight and 1-2 procs of PoF, can you improve that chance? or is it RNG based?
Astaine

Re: I really need help. (arcane)

Unread postby Astaine Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:37 pm

I only looked at one fight, (tyrant velhari on the first link) is there any reason as to why you are not syncing ap+crystal with the ring, thats one massive dps loss. crystal + ring should normally be your top two dpsing abilities as arcane, apart from fights like korm where it could be PoF.
Astaine <squishy> - Kazzak EU
Logs
Armoury
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Looking at your Tyrant fight, I noticed that your first burn phase was SO late. The ring was popped 2 seconds in, why was your burn not until WAY later (you popped arcane power 34 seconds in???). The rule is you drop PC as soon as ring is being popped. There is no reason to not burn right at the start when everything procs and you have potion effect :)!

Another thing was mentioned already, always save PC + AP for leg ring. Your nithramus damage was incredibly low because in the first instance, you did not burn during ring, and second time, you didn't sync them up. Only time to ever use PC + AP without ring is if they are up and boss will die within 30 seconds so ring won't be up in time!

It seems the problem is simply in basic rotation which is good! Just make sure to burn right off the bat and save your cooldowns for leg ring! Your mana management isn't bad from what I saw. Just make sure you don't burn THAT hard, you dropped to 25% mana many times. Just stop the moment you get below 50% and evocate (exceptions are boss dying within 2 seconds, doom proc)

Hope that helps!

PS: Idk whats going on in the iskar fight, why is the ring not popped right away? Also again in that case you starting your burn WAY too late. You literally burn at the start of every fight. You are wasting all your procs by burning that late not to mention potentially losing an entire burn phase!
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:52 pm

I would suggest getting Exorsus Raid Tools (text notification for rings included), or building some form of weak aura with an audio and visual notification as to when the ring has been used, that also tracks it's cooldown so you can better prepare for when to use all CD's.

I tend to use both.
skylerwhite

Unread postby skylerwhite Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks for replying guys!

Yes the Tyrant fight I was on my worst, but thanks for the advice! I tried it today and got insta dps boost. Also i got the frodo addon to see whenever the ring is procced!

@Iskar no ring was popped, because they save it for the add pack, not my choice but w/e :)

Also my ring is not yet fully upgraded, i need to sinc it more.

Also PC timer is 15 secs then I spose?
DocileCraig

Unread postby DocileCraig Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:19 am

I think it's intended to be 15 seconds, but it feels a little more like 14.
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 am

Yes the Tyrant fight I was on my worst, but thanks for the advice! I tried it today and got insta dps boost. Also i got the frodo addon to see whenever the ring is procced!

@Iskar no ring was popped, because they save it for the add pack, not my choice but w/e :)

PC takes a GCD but its 15 seconds. So is ring. They synergize perfectly together. On iskar, burn right off the bat...you will have your cd's up during first add pack from what I saw.

Ring upgrade is huge for arcane. No other class or spec synergizes with it as well as we do.
Astaine

Unread postby Astaine Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm

PC takes a GCD but its 15 seconds. So is ring. They synergize perfectly together. On iskar, burn right off the bat...you will have your cd's up during first add pack from what I saw.

Ring upgrade is huge for arcane. No other class or spec synergizes with it as well as we do.
Not to rain on your parade, Crystal is 10 seconds long, and AP is 15 seconds, however that does not stop the burn, as soon as ring is poped drop crystal + AP and burst away.
Astaine <squishy> - Kazzak EU
Logs
Armoury
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Derp yeah its 10 seconds don't know why I said 15. Thanks for the correction!

Just 1 correction though! Don't blow AP until you are at 3 or 4 stacks!
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes it's not 15 and it's not 10 though, It's 12. The other thing you must know is that it triggers the GCD. And the other thing you must know is that there is an important quirk around that may cause it to make the entire portion of the ring damage attributed to the crystal to make it not register at all if the crystal despawns together with the ring explosion.
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:16 am

Yes it's not 15 and it's not 10 though, It's 12. The other thing you must know is that it triggers the GCD. And the other thing you must know is that there is an important quirk around that may cause it to make the entire portion of the ring damage attributed to the crystal to make it not register at all if the crystal despawns together with the ring explosion.
Yeah its 12 second but 1.5 second GCD so pretty much 10 seconds. And yeah there are some bugs with PC ring explosion sometimes. Its happened to me once only though.
Ripper

Unread postby Ripper Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm

This is a good point, with so many saying about synergy.

How does synergy work with fights where rings are not used until specific times into the fights though, to blow up an add (etc) as is the case with original poster and Iskar?.

There are a few fights that my guild does in roughly 5.10, which gives room for 4 x PC/AP and 3 x Ring, on some fights the ring is delayed to blow up an add (etc), in most cases this could be 25 seconds into a fight or delayed by 25 secs mid fight, so if you are trying to synergise ring and PC for these reasons then you would end up potentially losing a complete use of PC/AP than if you had used on cooldown without.

Which is the a DPS loss right?.

Say they are all popped at start, then @2.25 the ring gets used because of add/tactical reasons, so you use PC/AP with it, then again at say 4.40, by 5.10 the boss is now dead: Which gave use to 3 x PC/AP and 3 x Ring.

They are standard ring delays in many fights, only (25sec, 15 sec) but adds up on your PC/AP timer.

Now, if you used PC/AP at start, again at 1.30, 3.00, 4.30, give or take a few secs...then that is 4 x use of PC/AP.
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 pm

3 x PC/AP with ring is better than 1 with ring and 3 without.

During ring your damage done is increased upto 44% and at the end of duration does 44% of all damage done as an explosion. That alone makes it worth missing a burn phase without ring.

The harder you burst, the better the ring is. And arcane bursts like no other. However keep in mind that there are times where you CAN get a PC/AP in without missing ring:

A group I am running with for mythic council they pop ring at start, and then lust with gurtokk at 30%. Just out of sheer luck of the dps in our group, that lines up with PC/AP and boss dies within 30-40 seconds of that so no ring is popped because of transition. This makes it so the next time we pop ring, PC/AP is back up. So if you can squeeze in a PC/AP without losing a PC/AP during ring, then for SURE do it. But delaying PC/AP for ring (as long as its not to a point where you could have used and had it back up) is a huge dps increase.

Also I should note that if your guild isn't popping pretty much on CD in heroic modes, they are doing it wrong (minus phase transitions and allure, etc). You should speak to raid leader and make sure they get on top of that. There is legitimately no reason to delay ring in most cases, even on mythic lower wing (haven't done upper wing)
macca

Unread postby macca Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:57 pm

I would suggest getting Exorsus Raid Tools (text notification for rings included), or building some form of weak aura with an audio and visual notification as to when the ring has been used, that also tracks it's cooldown so you can better prepare for when to use all CD's.

I tend to use both.
Could you post both your strings please, thanks.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”