Detailed use of Burning Torch

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
skardd

Detailed use of Burning Torch

Unread postby skardd Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
I just started using this legendary with the patch. I'm essentially substituting it 100% for where fireball would be in my normal rotation after 30%, but this has generated a few questions:

1. Is hard casting PYRO with bracer procs still worth it under 30%?
2. Should I be casting Phoenix at all to spur along pyros, or just focus doing scorch, FB, and pyros?
3. I was running sims on various talents today (I've been using AMR instead of simcraft, because I just can't get comfortable with simcraft), and I was surprised that I simmed 10-13k higher on ST with Firestarter intead of Pyromaniac or Conflg. Is this due to me using the torch? Should I put stock on this?
4. What about when combustion comes off CD while under 30%? Should I go into my CB rotation, or just keep doing scorch/fb/pyros?

Thanks for the help,

Skardd
pkzeroh

Re: Detailed use of Burning Torch

Unread postby pkzeroh Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Softwares like simcraft overvalue Firestarter due to the time-length of the points of the fight not being calculated as a plausible cenario. Right at the start of the pull everybody has CDs to use and generally lust, this implies that the boss' HP will fall down below the correct amount for Firestarter to trigger much faster in real life in comparison to the sims.

Can't help you with the other questions, but i'm sure someone else can (i'm looking for to see the answers btw)
Vyshaan

Re: Detailed use of Burning Torch

Unread postby Vyshaan Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Just my opinion and what i saw in answers before.

You should always use bracer proc-especially with RoP (there is an ignite after that hard hit).

Phoenix hits harder then scorch and there is no cast time but u probably want to save some for combustion.

Ofc you should use combustion, just keep 2 fbs before it comes of cd.

Firestarter is useless after 30seconds or less into the most fights.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”