Glyph of Splitting Ice: Restraints to secondary target?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
zhengma

Glyph of Splitting Ice: Restraints to secondary target?

Unread postby zhengma Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:33 am

As always, if there are already posts/articles that discuss this in detail that I missed, a link will suffice.

For the past few weeks, I have the feeling that Glyph of Splitting Ice is...not always reliable. There are numerous cases (for which I can quote or link WCL parse if necessary) when there is a secondary target in the vicinity, but it wasn't hit at all. Sometimes it's even worse when the primary target is my PC and the secondary target is the mob with my F-Bomb. The secondary lance fail to hit once in a while, and fail to trigger the bomb, which is obnoxious. This contributed to my preference of IN for its "robustness".

Hence, for the glyph to work as intended, what are the restraints regarding the secondary target? Should it be within a maximal range from the primary target (or from me)? Should the hitbox/3D model of the primary target not "blocking" it? Or are there other requirements?
Wilderness

Re: Glyph of Splitting Ice: Restraints to secondary target?

Unread postby Wilderness Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:26 pm

This is a known issue that I think there have been some discussion on already in the Frost forums here - the range for its cleave is quite small - it requires precise placement of your PC (and the boss to not move) or multiple mobs to be tanked tightly together in order to get the most out of it. If you find the boss moving around (even a little bit) or not being tanked right on top of each other, you won't be able to get nearly as much use out of it as Sims would suggest.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”