Please help with my DPS

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
stiffman2

Please help with my DPS

Unread postby stiffman2 Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 am

I am trying to become a better mage, please enlighten me mage gods XD

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P4 ... &source=21" target="_blank

PS. that may have been the fight i tunneled like a retard and stood on a flame gout.

Mod Edit: Please keep these threads in the Q&A forums!
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Please help with my DPS

Unread postby Chev Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 pm

There are a few things that I see:

You missed a cast of PC.

You missed a cast of Presence of Mind.

I can not be sure if you had it spec'ed for the fight, but I see you have it now. I see you haven't used Cold Snap at all. As long as you trust your healers, this would have given you an extra 2 uses of PoM for that fight.

Your Rune of Power is quite low. It looks like you were unlucky and had the boss / tiger chasing you a few times but there are lots of little periods where you didn't have the buff. This suggests that you need to work on planning your movement better so if the crowd is throwing the green crap on to the floor, you can avoid it without leaving your rune. Ideally, you want the uptime to be around 95+%, you had an uptime of 80%.

You had 24 procs of Arcane Missiles! but only 98 casts (should be as close to 120 as possible). This suggests that either you are having procs munched by not casting AM at 3 stacks or you are clipping your casts through movement or starting to cast another spell which breaks your channel.

I can't see you using Evocation al all during the fight. The result seems to be you are doing a kind of burn phase, but then you have long periods of not casting anything in order to regain mana (or you are using periods of movement to regen). The number 1 rule of Mages is ABC. Always Be Casting. Someone put it very simply the other day. You want to burn till around 50% mana and then use Evo (don't reset AC stacks). When you are back at 100% mana, use the conserve rotation you used all throughout Mists.

Your usage of Supernova could be greatly improved. It is the one of the highest DPET spells and it is highly recommended to unload 2 charges into PC where ever possible but you waited until 30 seconds into the fight before using your first charge. At one point you went 54 seconds without a charge. As the spell has a 25 seconds CD for charges, you could have easily got an extra 2-3 uses in that time.

I hope this helps.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”