[Arcane] Butcher Mythic

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Velk

[Arcane] Butcher Mythic

Unread postby Velk Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 am

Hey everyone,

I come here to ask for some help since I'm stumped as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping its something I'm just missing but I feel as if even at my gear level I can do much more especially on The Butcher.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... elk/simple" target="_blank
Warcraft Logs (The Butcher): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9w ... amage-done" target="_blank

The spec / glyphs I'm logged out in are the ones I use for Butcher.
Wilderness

Re: [Arcane] Butcher Mythic

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:54 pm

You have to glyph AP on Butcher - by not doing that, you're missing out on 1 use of it due to fight length. You could've used SN a little more as well.

Isn't lust enough to GCD cap your 4 stack AB by itself? If so, then using Berserking at the start is wasted. You can probably pre-cast 2 RoP's so that you only ever need to cast it once during the fight - this might depend on your strat and what you have to do, but it should be possible. Still, that's only 1 extra GCD to be gained. It looks like you have several times where you drop your mana too low during your conserve phase.

I'm not the best at analyzing logs in-depth but hopefully this helps.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Velk

Unread postby Velk Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:58 pm

You have to glyph AP on Butcher - by not doing that, you're missing out on 1 use of it due to fight length. You could've used SN a little more as well.
I guess I'll give that a try, I figured that having AP up for each PC would be more beneficial than 1 glyphed. I guess thinking about it would make much more sense. And with the SN, that log was weird. I saved my SN's for PC but I guess I should time it so I can atleast use one charge inbetween PC's (should be possible)
Isn't lust enough to GCD cap your 4 stack AB by itself? If so, then using Berserking at the start is wasted. You can probably pre-cast 2 RoP's so that you only ever need to cast it once during the fight - this might depend on your strat and what you have to do, but it should be possible. Still, that's only 1 extra GCD to be gained. It looks like you have several times where you drop your mana too low during your conserve phase.
I generally pre-cast my RoP's before pull since our warlocks require 20 seconds to pull. I guess I should be able to use it after lust is over since generally by that time I'm in my soaking position (We use the two mage soaking strat). Also to add on to the mana levels during my convserve, I have been working on it since I know I've been really screwing up in that department.

Thanks Wild
Emerys

Unread postby Emerys Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 am

As I've only recently killed butcher here's what I've learned. If you time it right you can have double supernova on every crystal without ever wasting a charge or waiting too long for a CD.

Glyphed AP is perfect as it comes off CD somewhere under 30% (if it doesn't then you won't have enough dps to kill him.)

And always keep an eye out for knockback if timed correctly you can stack up 2 ice floes so that you keep casting during knockback and then as well as you're getting back in position.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”