Arcane or Frost for Foundry?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Yifei

Arcane or Frost for Foundry?

Unread postby Yifei Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 am

I am playing Frost in Highmaul Raid, cause i am not sure if i shall change to arcane.
My Mage
My Crit is very low and the most items i have is realy for Arcane i think :)
Now i took a look into the Items that drop in BRF, in my opinion the most are very useful for Arcane more than frost. what is your opinion? Change or still play frost? Both speccs i like more than playing fire like in DS 25 a few centuries ago ^^

I am at doing actually Twins/Brackenspore Mythic
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Arcane or Frost for Foundry?

Unread postby Chev Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Based on current balancing both are viable. Arcane is still stronger for single target stand and nuke fights as is currently the case in Highmaul but Frost is and will be the more robust spec.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Depends a bit on the gear you get, and depends a lot on the fights you're doing and how good you are at each spec. Decide on a fight by fight basis, or if you want to play the same spec the entire instance, I'd advice going frost or fire with 4pc t17.

- Arcane is extremely strong pure single target DPS, with low cleave and pretty low AoE
- Frost is mediocre (for mages) single target DPS with good cleave and low AoE
- Fire is mediocre (for mages) single target DPS with insanely strong cleave and very good AoE
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Just to add to Dutch's post, which I think is right on - All 3 mage specs single-target in BRF looks to be among the top 5 or so, at least based on Sims. Even if it plays out slightly differently during progression, they should all be quite good for single-target relative to most classes/specs.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”