Spore shooters on brackenspore , Which spec to go.

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Dingtroller

Spore shooters on brackenspore , Which spec to go.

Unread postby Dingtroller Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:14 pm

My guild is currently struggling with recruitment. particularly in finding balance druids/Shadow priests , and we usually run with 6/7 ranged. We wiped many many times because of spores dying slowly , i played Frost running with IN/MI/TV.

The question is if i was on spores duty , which spec should i go for in order to annihilate the spores as soon as possible ?
Shinobars

Re: Spore shooters on brackenspore , Which spec to go.

Unread postby Shinobars Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:19 pm

My guild finally got Brackenspore down on Wednesday, after much trouble with Mind Fungi, Spore Shooters, and Decay interrupts. After adding in a good shadow priest and getting our flamethrower people to help out, Spore Shooters started dying incredibly fast.

Here's the logs for Spore Shooters on our kill attempt.

I managed to come in 5th at 2.66m damage on shooters for the kill. I regularly made sure I had at least one Ice Nova, one FoF, and one Brain Freeze ready for their spawn. Generally, I'd find myself getting lucky and getting a second Brain Freeze proc on my last Frostbolt before switching.
Dingtroller

Unread postby Dingtroller Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Hey shinobars ,

Thanks for replying , last night i pulled 3 million as frost on spores. Which is good , but i was asking if going Arcane or Fire would help me being OP as Balance druids and Shadowpriests on that fight or not.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 pm

My guild is currently struggling with recruitment. particularly in finding balance druids/Shadow priests , and we usually run with 6/7 ranged. We wiped many many times because of spores dying slowly , i played Frost running with IN/MI/TV.

The question is if i was on spores duty , which spec should i go for in order to annihilate the spores as soon as possible ?
We never just had certain people on spores duty - its the job of all ranged to kill them once they spawn. Whatever ranged you have on flamethrowers should be your highest damage, but both Frost and Arcane can put out good damage on them. I'm always Arcane because that's my main spec, and I do more damage to them than the other mages we have who are Frost - but its not like I'm doubling their damage, its usually just a bit of a lead.

If you play Frost on most other bosses and that's what you're most comfortable with, then stick to Frost and just make sure to be ready for them to spawn so you can focus them down quickly. You can get lucky if they happen to group together so you can do some cleaving or FO into them, but mostly you're going to have to just single-target them down.

You could consider swapping MI for IF - I believe they are pretty close on a 2-target cleave fight and while that fight isn't a 2-target fight the entire time, you do spend a significant amount of time with multiple targets up. Having IF would increase your damage to the sporeshooters overall versus having MI.
Hey shinobars ,

Thanks for replying , last night i pulled 3 million as frost on spores. Which is good , but i was asking if going Arcane or Fire would help me being OP as Balance druids and Shadowpriests on that fight or not.
No, not really. You could probably do more damage to them as Arcane if you play it well enough, but if not then that wouldn't help. Fire isn't at all the same kind of multi-dotting spec like Shadow and Balance are, so unless they all happen to spawn together all the time (which would require very good luck) for Fire to really cleave to several at once, you're not going to do more damage to them as Fire.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 pm

Frost with IN is very good at them.

Try banking some fof + bf procs and at least one charge of IN for every wave. I also tried to line up frozen orbs with it as much as possible on progress. Unload your procs, orb on a stack of them, nova them / ice lance them as much as possible. Biggest thing by far is making sure you got procs for it combined with IN.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Dingtroller

Unread postby Dingtroller Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:09 am

Appreciate it guys , I do exactly as what you described Dutchmagoz. Save one Ice nova and bank FFB/FoF , at times i tend to save Frost Orb and Spam icelance on them. I guess there is nothing more i could do on them as a mage , on that fight mages in general are ranked lowest 5 specs. Arcane does the best according to Warcraftlog parses , thought there was a correlation in between Spores going down fast and being arcane.
Emerys

Unread postby Emerys Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:55 am

Arcane is good too you just have to notice when they'll be up and prepare to switch. If you're already at 4 stacks of AC you can burn them quite fast. Also don't know what tactic you use but I always choose one of the ones furthest away from boss as melee usually go for close ones.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”