551 Frost and i think my DPS is ridiculously low

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
powerxox

551 Frost and i think my DPS is ridiculously low

Unread postby powerxox Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:57 pm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced" target="_blank
there is my armory

i always keep up my evocation and living bomb
use cd's whenever they are usable
use procs whenever they are usable
frostbolt as filler

what i can't use is alter time; generally i use it to expend BL and after that icy veins
all i can do is 170-190k DPS with 551 gear

is it that my rotation is bad or is it i dont have any useful trinkets nor a good weapon ?

should i cap my haste to 9522 and go mastery or wait for 14242 haste then mastery ?
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: 551 Frost and i think my DPS is ridiculously low

Unread postby Soggs Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Hard to tell from just this post and your armory where your problem is located if there is one even. You are missing out on cloak and meta, thats just not easily compensated. 170k to 190k sound solid for your gear, though there is maybe some room but we need logs to tell exactly. This topic contains introduction to logs and how to pull out some basic info yourself.
Last edited by Soggs on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 pm

I think you meant to link to Durrty's guide at http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44" target="_blank instead, Soggs.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
powerxox

Unread postby powerxox Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Isn't is low for a 551 frost mage to DPS 170-190k ?
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Isn't is low for a 551 frost mage to DPS 170-190k ?
Simc puts you at ~220k dps. That implies near perfect play and the boss not fighting back. So 170k-190k dps is not that bad, it is also not stellar. But to improve your dps deeper analysis is needed, as you are not screwing up majorly.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

powerxox

Unread postby powerxox Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:18 pm

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qmM ... e&source=9" target="_blank
here is my log on shamans
i did this after the post and did some forging to 12684 mixture build
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:36 am

I do not know if I missed it that last time but the Frenzied Crystal is an extremly weak trinket. Try to get your hands on something else. The 535ilvl Trinket which you can buy for 50k Coins on TI should be better. The cleave is really that bad and the proc does not make that up. In the long rung you should really try to get your hands on a PBoI from Immerseus, even a Raid Finder version would suffice for the moment.

The log looks fine. LB could be slightly better but thats really the only thing. The rest looks solid.

Now its just down to you getting your hands on better gear.

Valedictoria

Unread postby Valedictoria Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:01 pm

what fight are we talking about? it might actually be quite good dps depending on the encounter. I have similar gear to you I do however have the legendary cloak (which accounts for 6% of my damage) but not the 2 piece bonus.

below is a log from my malkorok flex (I was 551 at that time I think) which I think went decently well. 230k dps. I did forget to use the icy veins glyph so there was some lost dps from that for sure.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... ria/simple" target="_blank

what i can't use is alter time; generally i use it to expend BL and after that icy veins
all i can do is 170-190k DPS with 551 gear

It's important that you have an addon that shows your trinket procs on a part of your screen that is easily visible.
This is how I have it set up: it's nothing special but it works for the time being : http://imgur.com/cXducoL" target="_blank
left of my character you'll see what procs I track currently. if I get all my procs up I'll use alter time to extend them by 6 seconds. the latest I'll typically use alter time is when theres 6 seconds left on the proc with the shortest duration. if a good amount of procs refresh during alter time I might decide to cancel altertime with /cancelaura alter time. this completely removes the alter time buff and does not set you back in time.
the addon I use for tracking these procs is Tellmewhen, you can also use weakauras and probably other addons.

I would also suggest going for the gcd cap at around 14k
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qmM ... e&source=9
here is my log on shamans
i did this after the post and did some forging to 12684 mixture build
I'm not sure how the shamans were tanked in LFR but they are often tanked togheter. I see 26 casts of living bomb over a 5 minute fight. it seems to me that you haven't been multidotting which can definitely increase your dps a lot on this fight because living bomb does high damage on it's own and can proc brain freeze. I also think your dmg done to the foul slimes is quite low but that might not have been needed, it could however be another source of dps.

when the shamans are tanked togheter you'll most likely be able to go over 250k dps with some practice.

I hope this was of any use to you

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”