What's the correct way to use AO during mythic Beastlord?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Raggamasta

What's the correct way to use AO during mythic Beastlord?

Unread postby Raggamasta Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 pm

What's the correct way to use AO during mythic Beastlord? Lets say you're in the middle of the burn phase and then a bunch of adds spawn. Do you:

a) ABarr boss+adds, then AO to regain 4 stack AC and continue burning after that
b) burn to 50% mana, evocate, then AO to get max stacks ?

First option seems better to me, but just double checking to be sure.
Wilderness

Re: Using ABarr before Evo

Unread postby Wilderness Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 pm

What's the correct way to use AO during mythic Beastlord? Lets say you're in the middle of the burn phase and then a bunch of adds spawn. Do you:

a) ABarr boss+adds, then AO to regain 4 stack AC and continue burning after that
b) burn to 50% mana, evocate, then AO to get max stacks ?

First option seems better to me, but just double checking to be sure.
Depends if you’re talking about progression or farm. If its during progression, then I’d say option #2 is best. If you’re playing Arcane on that fight instead of Fire it is because your single-target dps is more important for your raid comp, and you have others who are going to be cleaving down the adds, so the additional damage from the Abarr into the adds doesn’t add value.

The counter argument would be that the AO into a pack of adds not only gets you right back to 4 stacks, but it will also very likely give you stacks of AM as well, which you can then use to extend your burn. I had the same question during our attempts last week, but in the end #2 looked more useful to the raid. I tried #1, but the extra AMs just served to extend my burn phase by a while, throwing my Evo CD out of sync with AP. And you’d only be doing option #1 fairly early into your burn phase, since below 70% you’d be holding off AM procs anyway, so the Abarr would probably just result in munching AMs at that point, and you want to make sure AO is off CD when Evo ends.

If your raid wants you Arcane to focus on single-target but still needs help on the adds, then perhaps #1 would be worth it, but that would probably require an odd comp that could use your small additional damage to the adds but not want you to go Fire.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: What's the correct way to use AO during mythic Beastlord

Unread postby Chev Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Moved to it's own topic as this is off topic

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”