my logs please help

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
mhypertext

my logs please help

Unread postby mhypertext Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 am

can someone please look over my logs and tell me why i cant hit 30k and sustain it

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pk ... gs&fight=4

My rotation is
tinket and prepot AP
start cast with 2 second left on pull timer
AB x4
AM i have
SN x2
then burn phase
i Use AM as they proc when i hit around 50% i evocate
on conserve i just AB use AM at 4 stack of AB then rinse and repeat using SN at 4 stacks of AB

I start back in my burn phase when i have 40 seconds left on my evocate CD
Last edited by mhypertext on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malon
Global Moderator

Re: my logs please help

Unread postby Malon Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi,

We'll need a bit more information first. Could we have an Armoury link to your character?
Author of Wowhead's official Mage guide: http://www.wowhead.com/classes#mage
Follow me for Mage tips and tricks at @ArcaneTactics (https://twitter.com/ArcaneTactics" target="_blank)
mhypertext

Unread postby mhypertext Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:17 pm

can someone please look over my logs and tell me why i cant hit 30k and sustain it

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vc ... w=rankings

My rotation is
tinket and prepot AP
start cast with 2 second left on pull timer
AB x4
AM i have
SN x2
then burn phase
i Use AM as they proc when i hit around 50% i evocate
on conserve i just AB use AM at 4 stack of AB then rinse and repeat using SN at 4 stacks of AB

I start back in my burn phase when i have 40 seconds left on my evocate CD
To start with, if you’re starting your burn phase with 40 seconds left on Evo you’re probably going to have to burn far too low on your mana, even if you are using glyphed AP. Getting a 40 second burn phase will require a lot of good RNG with AM to extend it that long, since you want to use Evo around 50% mana. You should be looking at 20 or 30 seconds prior to Evo being up at the most. Even 30 seconds can be too long if you get poor RNG.

I highly suggest you take a look at some of the guides/information threads in the Arcane forum here, because you are doing a few things pretty wrong. MI is a poor talent for Arcane, and usually one of the other 2 options is better than Overpowered. But the biggest thing that stood out to me right away when I looked at your casts is that you used Arcane Barrage 2 times in the 5:21 that you were alive in the fight, including almost 3.5 minutes before that death without casting it once. If you look at the resources tab in the log and see your mana throughout the fight its very up and down. I’m not even sure what you were going to do if you didn’t die, because you used Evo at about 4:30 and by 5:15ish you were down to 50% mana already. I don’t see any uses of Ice Floes - which are pretty important on a fight like H&F where you’re going to have to do some moving around.

You were using your CDs as often as you should, you double-potted (2nd pot should be with your 2nd AP though), and you kept using your charges of SN. So all of that is good. But the biggest thing you can do is work on your mana management. Make sure you are keeping it high during the conserve phase and resetting your stacks as necessary to do that. Getting aggressive with your mana and extra AB casts does not pay off, it just makes you play catch-up or hope for good RNG to get back up again.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
mhypertext

Unread postby mhypertext Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pk ... gs&fight=4

please use the above log and look at the gruul fight

i have also since that fight started using RoP and PC but but am not used to them yet
Deckzor

Unread postby Deckzor Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 pm

PC + RoP or IF makes huge difference in dmg. I bet if u use it correctly u will beat the 30k. IF is only 3 % difference and that if you Play RoP almost perfect. So i suggest start with IF and improve on using PC correctly. Wilderness told you already almost everything else u did wrong. Sync second Potion with Time Warp and AP, Use PoM either on CD to skip the First Arcane Charge or better use it to squeeze in a last AB into PC. It is only a small boost but Change your Weapon Enchant.
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:12 pm

One more thing i don't think has been mentioned: don't wait to have 4 stacks of arcane blast to cast supernova. SN benefits from your mastery but doesn't benefit from arcane blast stacks. Try to get two charges up for PC but otherwise just use them at maximum mana.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”