Evanesce since the patch

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Mumrit

Evanesce since the patch

Unread postby Mumrit Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Is it finally working as we thought it would in beta?

It seemed very hit and miss prior to 6.1. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth it in 6.0, since I was finding more things that would hit me through it than I would things that it would negate.
Cornix

Re: Evanesce since the patch

Unread postby Cornix Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:26 am

I did some testing in a duel.
1. You can now cast and Evanesce will not break.
2. Evanesce can prevent dot application, but doesnt not clear the dots.

Needs more testing in raid environments though.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 am

I haven't used it personally, because most things that kill you seem to kill you anyway, Evanesce or not. 3 seconds of immunity, even if it worked, doesn't save you from most persistent ground effects. During mythic progress it's really hard to justify taking that risk and wiping the raid just to "see if I could survive standing in fire".

That said, I think I saw Turkeyburger using it on Gruul. I imagine it'd work well for doing multiple soaks. Only issue is it heavily impacts our DPS, which is usually the reason we get brought to that fight in the first place.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Boomop

Unread postby Boomop Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:08 am

It's awesome on Flamebender. Really wish it wasn't in the same Tier as Ice Floes. I'd probably use it over the IB/Flameglow/AT Tier if it were there, but against Ice Floes it doesn't see as much use.
Roggendorf

Unread postby Roggendorf Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Confirmed to block Sorka's Blade Rush as well as the damage and stun from the tornadoes. (But since the Sorka's Prey damage is delayed by a few seconds after she dashes, you don't want to use it to pre-position in the tornado line, but only after she has "locked" your location for the tornado triangle.)

Also blocks blood ritual and prevents application of the blood debuff (so if you are handling tornadoes like me, you don't need to worry about accidentally resetting debuffs, even should Marak choose you for the first blood ritual in each phase.)
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:36 pm

It does work on Gruul really well. My problem with it is that it interrupts us. With the tooltip saying you can use it while casting and that it's off the GCD, that seems like a poor description of what it actually does which is to stop your cast and activate.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

It does work on Gruul really well. My problem with it is that it interrupts us. With the tooltip saying you can use it while casting and that it's off the GCD, that seems like a poor description of what it actually does which is to stop your cast and activate.
I don't think it does. I didn't notice it last night anyway.

Here's an example from our logs:
00:02:36.545 Ashamanxx begins casting Arcane Blast
00:02:38.194 Ashamanxx casts Evanesce
00:02:38.427 Ashamanxx casts Arcane Blast on Gruul
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm an idiot. I'm using my normal Ice Block keybind that has a stopcasting line in it. >.<

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”