Pawn Values

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
SlickxD

Pawn Values

Unread postby SlickxD Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 am

Hey, so i was wondering if anyone has looked into the best strings for Fire and Arcane mages. Im wondering how to make it more exact and i only play fire for aoe so the higher mastery prio for fire i would think be better than single target for arcane.

Thanks for replys and sorry if this in in a different thread. just joined the site and havent gone though everything.
Berlinia

Re: Pawn Values

Unread postby Berlinia Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:09 am

follow Frosted Guide on Simcraft, sim yourself, get stat weights plug them in #profit.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:16 am

I assume pawn is some kind of stat weight addon? Not sure exactly what it does, but if you're looking for stat weights, the best way is to sim yourself for the scenario you want to be optimal in, and use those. So sim yourself on one target arcane and 3 target fire for example.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Dutch - it lets you set up multiple profiles (so you'd do 1 for each spec) and then you can enter your own stat weights or use their default. Then in item tooltips it tells you what the upgrade is for whatever profiles you have set up so it helps to easily tell how much different items are upgrades and for what spec.

Since stat weights change based on your current gear, as has already been advised you should sim yourself and plug in those weights for the best result. Stat weights for the BiS profile or someone else's profile isn't necessarily going to match your own.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”