Could us some Living Bomb help in Normal/Heroic BRF.

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Cerberux

Could us some Living Bomb help in Normal/Heroic BRF.

Unread postby Cerberux Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 am

Greetings all. Long time reader first time poster here at Altered-Time. I just wanted to see opinions from of you top mages out there what your thoughts are on normal and heroic raiding use of blast wave vs living bomb.

For me I can never seem to properly spread living bomb (albeit I just received my tier 17 2pc and haven't tested double spreading LB as yet).

I just seem to get more dps out of blast wave even on fights like Operator and Darmac.

I know I am definitely doing something wrong when I try living bomb as it just feels clunky. I would post logs but I am at work and doing this post from my phone.

To spread living bomb properly and maximise its potential should I remain on my main target (most likely the boss) and just perform my normal rotation spreading living bomb with IB without overwriting previous LB to allow for the explosions?

I find even the best guides out there are very vague on how you should be performing cleave dps and I have pretty much got it down pat except for when I use LB. just can't seem to get my head around unleashing its full potential.

Or should I stick with BW since currently I personally see better results due to my own lack of LB skill lol.

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Komma
Administrator

Re: Could us some Living Bomb help in Normal/Heroic BRF.

Unread postby Komma Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:08 am

Personal advice threads should be placed in the Q&A forum!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Cerberux

Unread postby Cerberux Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:34 am

Whoops! Sorry about that. I figured since it was a question only pertaining to fire I would throw it in the fire thread! Thanks for moving it for me :)
Chiv

Unread postby Chiv Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:25 am

It's best to time the Living bomb on the target right when it is about to explode then spread it so that it explodes near instantly when its spread, then you can spread another. Not only is this more boss damage but I don't think overkill damage counts as DPS
Cerberux

Unread postby Cerberux Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:00 pm

So if I am reading correctly I am best to just focus on a primary target while applying that tactic to my play style? Ie. Normal rotation on boss>LB>spread to adds for explosion reapply> etc while never really having to change targets?

I did a bit of play testing tonight in heroic dungeons just to try to get a feel for LB and I believe I am picking it up. Just trying to work out the kinks to make myself a stronger mage.

I didnt realise mages had undergone such changes in play style since WotLk which is the last time I really played my mage seriously. (Was my main from vanilla but life was easy back then)
Azo

Unread postby Azo Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 am

There's no need to swap target. Chiv explained.

On Beastlord you want to time your living bomb so you just have time to spread livng bomb to pack beasts before it explode and then reaply living bomb on Beastlord and spread that again. No target swapping involved. But pack beasts need to be within range (8, 10?) for a few second for you to be able to spread twice.

On Operator Thogar you want to time you living bomb so it has~3 seconds left when ads spawn. Spread when a bunch of ads is in range reaply a new living bomb on Thogar. Cast a fireball or whatever to let living bomb explode on ads and the inferno blast to spread the "fresh" living bomb. No target swapping.

Inferno blast when ads are close. Reaply living bomb. Cast filler (fireball pyroblast). When living bomb on ads explode inferno blast again. Continue your single target rotation on main target.

Depends on raidenviorment if living bomb is worth it. Ads might die before they're in range of boss, like a protection warrior might dragon roar and bladestorm all ads while boss is 20 yards away. Then living bomb isn't very usefull. In certain situations blast wave can be a better option, that is if you don't get many explotions of.
Cerberux

Unread postby Cerberux Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 am

Awesome thanks for the advice. I am raiding tonight so I will definitely try that out. I know on Operator the adds get Gorefiend's Grasp'ed onto the boss so we can cleave, but sometimes on Beastlord the adds are positioned in a way that cleave is not possible off the boss. I will speak to the tanks before we engage and try to see if they can group them up for me :) I am our raid leader after all :P

Thanks again for the help :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”