Fire and double dipping on +%dmg multipliers

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Quetzatlus

Fire and double dipping on +%dmg multipliers

Unread postby Quetzatlus Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:31 pm

So I had a question about the way combustion works with dmg multipliers.

Say on Gorefiend, during feast, you generate double the ignite because of his dmg taken debuff. When you combust, does the resulting combust dot also do double damage? To be clear, let's say your average ignite value was 'X'. Then, your average combust would be ~0.8X. With a +100% dmg taken debuff on your target, the average ignite would be 2X. The combust resulting from that would be 1.6X. Now, does this combust do 1.6X or does it also benefit from the dmg taken debuff and do 3.2X instead?

If it does, does this mean that fire effectively double dips on target dmg multipliers? Also, am I wrong in thinking that this will work only if the target has the debuff, and will not work if you have a dmg done buff (like kilrogg)?
Mage - Quetzatlus - 5/7M 4/10M - <Sadly guildless atm>
DyLemma

Re: Fire and double dipping on +%dmg multipliers

Unread postby DyLemma Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 pm

no jk idk

Mod Note: Infracted.
Komma
Administrator

Re: Fire and double dipping on +%dmg multipliers

Unread postby Komma Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:18 am

Say on Gorefiend, during feast, you generate double the ignite because of his dmg taken debuff. When you combust, does the resulting combust dot also do double damage?
No, I believe you do not. Combustion has never been directly affected by multipliers before.
no jk idk
The polite thing to do when you don't have any constructive to say, is to say nothing.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”