Please help me become at least DECENT :)

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Starline

Please help me become at least DECENT :)

Unread postby Starline Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 am

Hello everyone, I am trying to get some desperate help to what I am doing wrong. I have been playing casually for a very long time, but I want to start raiding Mythic's much more seriously. I got decent gear, yet I am underperforming on all the encounters, and will most likely get cut from the raid. I am trying to get help with arcane, as for now it seems best overall for Hellfire. Any help to what I am doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.
Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... ine/simple" target="_blank

Here are some logs from my guild : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/65021" target="_blank

Any tips will be welcome, and may the loot gods shine on you for your time.
Chev
Global Moderator

Re: Please help me become at least DECENT :)

Unread postby Chev Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 pm

This is just a very quick look at your last Council kill. Due to clipping casts you missed the equivalent of 8 AM procs. I can see you are using them pretty quickly when you get to 3 x AM so it is more likely that you are clipping the last missile or two due to movement or starting the cast to early. That is a lot of lost damage and mana regen you could have had.

I also saw that you spending more time than you should capped on mana. Try to be a bit more ruthless when deciding if you can get in more more AB before needing to cast ABarr to reset your AC stacks.
Aeonite

Re: Please help me become at least DECENT :)

Unread postby Aeonite Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Work on Evocation usage/burn regulation. It seems like evoc is not returning enough mana after burn phases, either because you only cast for a single tick, or because you clear your arcane charges with Barrage before casting it. Because of this, you struggle to regain mana after your second Evocation use during the *Kilrogg kill.

First burn phase didn't bring you down to 50%, as it should have. You also entered a burn phase early during bloodlust, without Arcane Power, and while Evocation was still a ways off. Also, an Arcane Barrage hit one of your prismatic crystals.

You might be casting Rune of Power too much. If you're moving enough to have to recast every minute, you might consider Incanter's as I've read it's only a 3% (please tell me if this is wrong) net loss, the benefit being not having to really worry about it.

Arcane is all about mana management, and the rotation is not very forgiving in this regard. Spend some time on the dummy and practice conserve/burn in a controlled setting. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the proactive nature of Arcane's rotation (as opposed to the more reactive frost proc/cooldown juggle). I spent a good amount of time in BRF/Highmaul LFR's to practice in actual raid settings that were more forgiving than guild or progression raids.

I can look at other fights if you want. What are your hotkeys like?

*As another minor note, if you have Prophecy of Fear trinket, use it. Even the normal version is better than Mythic Piston.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”