SimulationCraft - What stat weights do I follow?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
BrainYtje

SimulationCraft - What stat weights do I follow?

Unread postby BrainYtje Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 am

Hi there,

I've been reading the Altered-Time SimulationCraft post and I have a couple more questions about it. I, BrainYtje (Armory), have been simulating my character to figure out what its stat weights are, but it seems like a lot of the options depend on it. I've understood that "iterations" makes your program do more simulation so you have less error% overall. Also the fight style determines a lot to what DPS and stat weights it simulates.

Now is my question, do I follow the stat weights that the program suggests or do I just follow general stat weights as suggestion by icy-veins, AMR, and Noxxic? Do I follow Multi >= Crit > Haste? Or do I follow whatever the simulation craft says which is mostly Haste > Multi > Crit or Multi > Haste > Crit? So what is BiS for me then? Whatever AskMrRobot suggests when I fill in the proper stat weights? Or do I follow Icy-Veins?

I'm a little confused. Let me know if you need more information from me!

Simulation #1 (BeastLord Fight)

Simulation #2 (Hectic Add Cleave)
Laodi

Re: SimulationCraft - What stat weights do I follow?

Unread postby Laodi Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:31 am

First: Never Noxxic. Just dont go there.
Second: AMR and Icy-Veins calculate their statweights on a number of basic gear setup. The result is allways an average. This average is allways good but never perfect. If u follow them simple you will get maybe 95%. For the last 5% you allways have to sim yourself.
Now to simcraft: Most sims are made for 1 target. The problem is that encounters tend to be not like a simulation. There are adds spawning and dying on timers or random.
I would allways recommend looking at your current situation. You are 12/13 Hero working on Archi. I dont know if u will set a foot into mythic or not but what i can say you are not bleeding edge progress (which is totally fine).
For that i would follow something like the general rule:
Pure frost: Enchant/socket MS, weapon haste.
Arcane/Frost: Enchant/socket haste
As you have no crafted gear the question for the second stat is nearly pointless. Equip highest itemlvl and its fine.
BrainYtje

Unread postby BrainYtje Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Pure frost: Enchant/socket MS, weapon haste.
Arcane/Frost: Enchant/socket haste
As you have no crafted gear the question for the second stat is nearly pointless. Equip highest itemlvl and its fine
I'm consider changing up my spec according to raid boss, so I believe I want to go haste now. Sooo Haste/Mastery off-hand from H Manno > Crit/Multi off-hand from N Gore or do I want to go with my main stats crit and multi since mastery is useless for frost?

Would it be better if I just run a simulation of "Hectic Add Cleave" and "Beast Lord"?
Kirielle

Unread postby Kirielle Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 am

I don't think the AoE APLs have been cleaned up and vetted properly, so I wouldn't use the beastlord/addcleave sims as 4+ targets pushes the sim into a suboptimal AoE APL. For arcane I use a single target patchwerk sim and for frost I use a 2 target patchwerk sim to approximate statweights.
BrainYtje

Unread postby BrainYtje Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:08 pm

The stat weights seem WAY different with that simulation... I wonder! A lot of my BiS heroic gear changes now... :(

Beastlord: Int (1.00) > SP (.91) > Multi (.71) >= Haste (.71) > Crit (.65) > Vers (.63) > Mast (.33)
Patchwork (2 targets): Int (1.00) > SP (.91) > Multi (.68) > Haste (.61) > Mast (.60) > Crit (.59) > Vers (.56)
Laodi

Unread postby Laodi Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 am

Pls stop doing Beastlordsims. There is not one fight in HFC which is like Beastlord. You are running into something which is not adaptable to the real world.
BrainYtje

Unread postby BrainYtje Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Pls stop doing Beastlordsims. There is not one fight in HFC which is like Beastlord. You are running into something which is not adaptable to the real world.
Would you recommend patchwork with 1/2 targets like Kirielle said?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”