Frost Help, Stats and rotation

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Natrii

Frost Help, Stats and rotation

Unread postby Natrii Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm kinda seem to be in an odd place with my gear and my dps is reflecting it. I'm trying to see how I can fix this. I'm frost and currently stacking multistrike, but I seem to be low on crit. With IV up raid buffed I hit about 90ish% multi, should I swap out my weapon enchant to thunderlord and try to get where I need with crit? I Feel like I'm missing something.

I have been pre pot/IV at 2 sec, precast fb at 1 sec hitting WJ half way thru the cast, then FO, then weave FB and IC using BF procs at 2 stacks after my ice lance or if I'm moving. Filler frostbolt when no procs are active and orb on CD unless I'm delaying for upcoming add spawn if it is only a few secs out. IV and second pot either on CD or if I need to hold for a burn.

Would using frost bomb on some fights be worth it?

Armory link (don't mind the frost bomb I was playing with it in my Garrison.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m" target="_blank ... rii/simple
Raikoh

Re: Frost Help, Stats and rotation

Unread postby Raikoh Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:26 am

somehow i cant open ur armory link but i guess that is you:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... rii/simple" target="_blank

So you are playing UM/IF/TV? For 4set+trinket this is normally the best way to go. I prefer to play PC instead of TV.
But well no matter what talent you play, u should just simcraft your character in differnt scenarios at at the end the program is gonna tell you what your best stats are to go. It should be Multistrike >Haste > crit > rest in your case.

In some cases the Crit/Haste Weapon enchant is better than MS-enchant. U have to sim ur char with different weapon enchants (I know its expensive) for it.

For better help you should upload combat logs, so we can see if u are doing anything wrong.
Shadra

Unread postby Shadra Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm

U have to sim ur char with different weapon enchants (I know its expensive) for it.
What's expensive about simming? You can just make a copy build at the bottom with the different enchants and they'll run in the same report.
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:48 pm

so i can set the enchats manually in simcraft? how i do it? I always change my enchant ingame if i want to test new gear with different echants?!
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:57 pm

one more more important question:
i simcrafted my character on patchwerk option. In many treads ive read the way to go with 4set+class trinket is UM/IF/TV. Well i simcrafted UM/IF/TV and I simcrafted UM/IF/PC many times with different enchants and the TV option is always 4k Dps behind PC. What I am doing wrong? pls anyone explain me this scenario
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm

and one more important question: where i can choose different bufffood in simcraft? I dont know if the greater multistrike bufffood is better or the fellfrood frenzy? how do i find out?
Shadra

Unread postby Shadra Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:56 pm

so i can set the enchats manually in simcraft? how i do it? I always change my enchant ingame if i want to test new gear with different echants?!
Trying to do this by memory as I don't have simcraft in front of me. In the simulation page with all the text, go to the very bottom. Add new lines at the bottom with the following:

copy=Warsong_Enchant
weapon=staff_of_argus,id=124159,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_warsong

Anything after 'copy=' will just be the name of the build. Feel free to use whatever is logical to help you know which changes are being run with it. If you're seeing if new WF feet are an upgrade or not, use something like copy=WF_Feet.

As for the actual weapon coding, nothing is capitalized, use underscores _ instead of spaces, omit any hyphens or apostrophes. The id is more important, you can find this on websites or if you have it enabled you can hover over the item in game. THE ONE ABOVE WAS A RANDOM NUMBER. Not sure atm what the actual id is for that weapon, so that string won't work if you just copy it. Bonus id specifies the quality (heroic, mythic, WF, etc.) but I haven't memorized them all yet. For your purposes all you have to do is copy/paste the weapon you have, which should be listed two paragraphs above, and change the enchant name. Just don't forget to add the copy= portion.

You can have as many copies done in one simulation as you want, understanding that it will just multiple the time it takes to run the simulation. One thing to note is that every copy will only change based on the previous build. So let's say you have your base build. Your first copy changes your weapon. Your second copy changes your helm. The second copy will actually use the weapon set from your first copy. If you want the second copy to only have the helm changed, you have to specify within that copy to replace the original weapon.

This is all self-taught, so I apologize if anything is incorrect. Best way is just to look at the gear listing already present in the text and learn from that.
i simcrafted my character on patchwerk option. In many treads ive read the way to go with 4set+class trinket is UM/IF/TV. Well i simcrafted UM/IF/TV and I simcrafted UM/IF/PC many times with different enchants and the TV option is always 4k Dps behind PC. What I am doing wrong? pls anyone explain me this scenario
Generally when people do UM/IF/TV it's with cleaving, so you should probably want to change the number of targets to 2 when using that simulation.
and one more important question: where i can choose different bufffood in simcraft? I dont know if the greater multistrike bufffood is better or the fellfrood frenzy? how do i find out?
Unfortunately I've struggled to figure this out myself.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:58 am

Ouch.

The easiest way I've found to change things to test in SimC is using AskMrRobot - you can easily swap gear around, or if you change the stat weights around and hit optimize it will change your gems/enchants and it has an easy "export to simc" button to spit out the profile you want to run.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
skiz

Unread postby skiz Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:07 am

I have been pre pot/IV at 2 sec, precast fb at 1 sec hitting WJ half way thru the cast, then FO, then weave FB and IC using BF procs at 2 stacks after my ice lance or if I'm moving. Filler frostbolt when no procs are active and orb on CD unless I'm delaying for upcoming add spawn if it is only a few secs out. IV and second pot either on CD or if I need to hold for a burn.
In that log below you're playing waterjet mostly poorly. Try buildings some more charges of FoF during it, that you are able to weave after it is down. Focus on gettint out of Waterjet with 3 or 4 stacks of Finger of Frost (Icelance procc). On the following logs you'll see how those buffs roughly look on yourself and on another mage. (That guy also has a downtime somewhere, but less than you.)

Found you here:

Code: Select all

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w9VmWJbDvLdyxpzq#fight=8&type=auras&source=16&pins=0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24137554462.0.0.Mage%24false%2444544^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24137554462.0.0.Mage%24false%2457761
Chinese mage XYZ:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2qV8P4NQB7LrnbTD#fight=2&type=auras&source=17&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2452585463.0.0.Mage%24false%2444544^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2452585463.0.0.Mage%24false%2457761
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Trying to do this by memory as I don't have simcraft in front of me. In the simulation page with all the text, go to the very bottom. Add new lines at the bottom with the following:

copy=Warsong_Enchant
weapon=staff_of_argus,id=124159,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_warsong

Anything after 'copy=' will just be the name of the build. Feel free to use whatever is logical to help you know which changes are being run with it. If you're seeing if new WF feet are an upgrade or not, use something like copy=WF_Feet.

As for the actual weapon coding, nothing is capitalized, use underscores _ instead of spaces, omit any hyphens or apostrophes. The id is more important, you can find this on websites or if you have it enabled you can hover over the item in game. THE ONE ABOVE WAS A RANDOM NUMBER. Not sure atm what the actual id is for that weapon, so that string won't work if you just copy it. Bonus id specifies the quality (heroic, mythic, WF, etc.) but I haven't memorized them all yet. For your purposes all you have to do is copy/paste the weapon you have, which should be listed two paragraphs above, and change the enchant name. Just don't forget to add the copy= portion.

You can have as many copies done in one simulation as you want, understanding that it will just multiple the time it takes to run the simulation. One thing to note is that every copy will only change based on the previous build. So let's say you have your base build. Your first copy changes your weapon. Your second copy changes your helm. The second copy will actually use the weapon set from your first copy. If you want the second copy to only have the helm changed, you have to specify within that copy to replace the original weapon.

This is all self-taught, so I apologize if anything is incorrect. Best way is just to look at the gear listing already present in the text and learn from that.
Generally when people do UM/IF/TV it's with cleaving, so you should probably want to change the number of targets to 2 when using that simulation.
Unfortunately I've struggled to figure this out myself.

thanks for the extensively answer. It helped me a lot. Now i wont change the enchant ingame anymore to simcraft =D

But anyone else know if i can change the bufffood im simcraft??
Natrii

Unread postby Natrii Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 pm

In that log below you're playing waterjet mostly poorly. Try buildings some more charges of FoF during it, that you are able to weave after it is down. Focus on gettint out of Waterjet with 3 or 4 stacks of Finger of Frost (Icelance procc). On the following logs you'll see how those buffs roughly look on yourself and on another mage. (That guy also has a downtime somewhere, but less than you.)

Found you here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w9VmWJbDvLdyxpzq#fight=8&type=auras&source=16&pins=0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24137554462.0.0.Mage%24false%2444544^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24137554462.0.0.Mage%24false%2457761
Chinese mage XYZ:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2qV8P4NQB7LrnbTD#fight=2&type=auras&source=17&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2452585463.0.0.Mage%24false%2444544^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2452585463.0.0.Mage%24false%2457761

So I want to Pool a couple of FoF instead of just weaving them during the water jet?
Laodi

Unread postby Laodi Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:04 pm

You allways pool FoFs inside WJ. Go up to 2 or 3 and start weave. Goal is to end WJ with 3-4 FoFs to get over until next WJ/FO with procs.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”