AMR - Haste Soft Cap

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Teddymonster

AMR - Haste Soft Cap

Unread postby Teddymonster Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello, I see mixed opinions about the Haste break points and what you should be using for a Soft cap. Being a previous hardcore raider from Vanilla all the way up to the end of Ulduar and a returning player that would like to get back into the end game raiding. I would like to know what is more optimal?

14242 w/ Mastery stack after or 19347 - and what's the big difference making this choice?

Since I had set the soft cap to 14242 previously on AMR and if I ultimately decide to go the 19347 route depending on the conversation this brings and suggestions made. How can I reset AMR to have me reforge/enchant/gem for the new soft cap I set rather then continually giving me the stamp of approval even though I have raised the soft cap nearly 5k+ haste rating.

Thanks in advance!
Niphyr

Re: AMR - Haste Soft Cap

Unread postby Niphyr Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 pm

The general consensus at the moment is still to go 14242 haste.

I run Haste 14242 > Mastery and find it works extremely well especially single target (Most of the harder fights require highest single target) but also reasonable for cleave.

In the frost forums there is this thread on gearing priority and this one with a bit more detail on the different builds most of the theorycraft has been focused on. Both are well worth a read and should answer most of your initial questions.

As for modifying AMR to suit your needs, you can click options then specify the haste rating, rather than using the smart picker. Adjusting the weightings shouldn't be needed. If you have any issues with this just post a link to your AMR profile and a screenshot of your options settings and someone will sort you out!
Teddymonster

Re: AMR - Haste Soft Cap

Unread postby Teddymonster Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Niphyr.

Also I forgot to add a link to my armory so I'll supply that as well. Thanks again.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”