Where can I improve? (Arcane)

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Krampie

Where can I improve? (Arcane)

Unread postby Krampie Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:09 am

Just looking for tips, tricks, and advice in any areas I can improve.
KrampieArmory.JPG
Armory
I am following the stat weights provided on the Arcane forum thread here on AT.
MageStatWeights.JPG
Stat Weights
I'll be working on providing more logs with my new stat weights shortly. For now, because PuGs are nearly impossible to complete with bads everywhere, this is all I can provide for the time being.
Zyrachiel

Re: Where can I improve? (Arcane)

Unread postby Zyrachiel Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Just at first glance:
your enchants and gems are wrong.
There are generally two options for T18 arcane:
full haste
full mastery + warsong

I don't know where you got stat weights on the forum here, but you need to remember stat weights in general shift every time a change in your gear occurs, therefore you can't just lay down fixed values as a gospel, because those values were relevant to a specific stat setup.
Krampie

Unread postby Krampie Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:59 am

How significant might the difference be? I ran with multi to test the waters, and it also helps with my Frost OS. Prior to this reconfiguration of stat weights I had been running with full mastery. I don't see a major difference in the two builds, that being my current and the full mastery build.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:01 am

The differences in stat weights aren't very dramatic lately. You can sim it to see yourself. A notable exception is the fire spec that relies on crit and maybe versatility that is usually abysmal.

A believe that was their design goal since they wanted to follow a "it drops, you use it" philosophy for WoD.
Blake

Unread postby Blake Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 am

There's not much to tell really as you've only posted a picture of your armory.

Your gems and enchants should be haste though and rune of power, generally, is a bad choice unless you can guarantee you'll always be inside them without much movement or reapplication.
~ Blake.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”