Frost and PC

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Pkm

Frost and PC

Unread postby Pkm Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:38 am

1. Which fights are good to use PC?

2. Do you want to take ice nova with it? If you got tier and class trinket?

3. Is it worth delaying frozen orb to line it up with the crystal? I find that with the 4pc i am always swimming in procs, with brief moments of being dry. Does the orb do damage to the crystal or is it just used to get procs for the crystal?

4. Frost seems to be a little awkward with its CDs and the ring, a 3min CD, 1 min cd, 1.5min cd etc. Do you want to hang on to your crystal for when ring is used? Does this mean delaying icy veins also to line it all up all together to pop everything into the crystal?

5. What is the ideal opener for frost with PC?

I just forgot... there was a QandA forum. I apologise.

Thank you!
Wilderness

Re: Frost and PC

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

The almighty mods will move it to the right forum.

1. PC is only better than TV on single-target fights, so you could use it on Iron Reaver, Kormrok, Kilrogg, Socrethar, Zakuun.

2. UM is generally the best talent for single-target fights.

3. I'm not sure. In prior tiers it was worth delaying FO for PC. In HFC I think it depends if you should be delaying PC to use with the ring - which you probably should. In that case you wouldn't delay FO since it would be back up at the 2 min mark anyway.

4. I think you probably want to delay PC for the ring, and you'd delay your 2nd IV for the ring at 4 mins as well.

To be honest, I think very few frost mages are actually using PC which is why some of my answers are logical guesses at best. PC has always been a pain to use as Frost and the longer WJ cast makes it worse this tier as we have less downtime between WJ's to fit that in and line everything up.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Zyrachiel

Unread postby Zyrachiel Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:38 pm

I think if you are willing to use PC you'll be better off actually playing arcane or fire, who are basically built upon it.
Thank god frost doesn't require it, so I have at least one viable spec to play.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Haha, it's so clunky to use PC on frost that it's actually easier to be Arcane. I wouldn't go fire easily though. That spec screams "gimmick" since it relies on a gimmick trinket that won't let you delay DPSing if the strategy requires it.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 am

It does seem clunky indeed. Sometimes i dont have time to finish off with a frostbolt > IL so i gotta just ice lance in the last moment. But its DPS is not too shabby.

Why was TV better again? Do you get extra seconds if ice lance hits the second target?
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 am

It was telling that when I checked the top 10-20 frost mages in Zakuun, a purely single target fight, the majority were not on crystal, not even the first. Most were going Arcane on those fights though so I don't believe those doing those bosses on frost were any magicians. It becomes weird lately since some go fire but that's mainly because their fights last 1-2 minutes and they cba'ed.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”