Looking for help with Low dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Fenderz

Looking for help with Low dps

Unread postby Fenderz Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:44 am

Hey there, until recently my dps has been looking alright but jumping into mythic recently things have been on a downward spiral.

This is probably the best log I have with no deaths on it

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n3 ... e&source=8" target="_blank

I have all trinkets at a heroic level except the piston and the PoF of which I have a normal one, Also a mythic shadowmoon insigina.

Any help would be awesome.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... z/advanced" target="_blank
Raikoh

Re: Looking for help with Low dps

Unread postby Raikoh Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:01 am

where is ur class trinket as frost?

sometimes u are missing the second int pot, thats a huge dps loss.
Fnoptik

Unread postby Fnoptik Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Class trinket is mandatory, normal class trinket rated higher than any mythic trinket by simcraft.
Mythic reaver a little bit more complex than heroic, you need switch to bomb. Its dps loss if you dont plan waterjet using or dont use mouseover lance macros, if you use it, you can use waterjet by cd and mouseover lance (and firebolt) at priority target. Your Nithramus explode for average 595k, it can explode for 1 mil + with your item level.
Try to use Evanesce for barrage cast so you can stay still for most time, use Rune of Power in that case.

In case you dont saw it, simcrafted list of trinket - http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage ... st-in-slot.
Btw, its very strange why DSI rated so high in that list, mastery is lowest priority stat for pve frost )

PC (crystal) -> than thermal void on single target, you have extra cleave target for PC duration.
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:58 pm

You've got to equip the class trinket if you have it. That's your first big DPS loss.
The 2nd int pot is a DPS loss, but that's minor in comparison.

On Reaver:
One of your big rotational problems is FoF procs to IL casts. 38 FoF procs but 56 IL casts. That's 18 IL's that had no buff which is a lot.
FoF to IL and BF to FFB need to be as close as possible to each other.
You've used WJ and FO at the same time on the opener. Stop that as you're just starving yourself of procs once both finish around the same time.

I wouldn't take Evanesce on Reaver until you're killing it before take off. If she gets to take off Evanesce is pretty useless apart from the immunity for artillery, but IB serves the same function.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Zelendria, do you mean Ice Floes in the place of Evanesce there?
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Zelendria, do you mean Ice Floes in the place of Evanesce there?
I think he meant Evanesce as the post above him recommended taking it so you don't have to move from barrage.

But since barrage only targets healer the best dps gain for the raid is to position healers and dps away from each other so ranged never have to dodge it at all.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:40 pm

The best scenario is like Wilderness said just move your healers away from DPS.

IMO you'll lose far more DPS taking evanesce, being forced to stand still, and going into the air phase than you would taking IF.
If you're killing her before air phase you only have a blitz to deal with that can be done with blink.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 pm

That's what I thought you meant. Yeah it makes sense. Though it tends to become messy after the first barrage here so evanesce can still be useful even if we instruct healers to stay between.
Fenderz

Unread postby Fenderz Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:30 am

Thanks for all the concern, I have been feeling a sort of lag with my class trinket where i cant get ice lances off at all, like in rotation the ice lance doesnt always go off when i hit it, But ill try it.

I use evenssence for bombs mostly we are still taking 2 phases and i am super heavy into mechanics cause i split raid leading with others.

I will try heroic trinket/Fof too and ill keybind water jet.
Fenderz

Unread postby Fenderz Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:08 am

Class trinket is mandatory, normal class trinket rated higher than any mythic trinket by simcraft.
Mythic reaver a little bit more complex than heroic, you need switch to bomb. Its dps loss if you dont plan waterjet using or dont use mouseover lance macros, if you use it, you can use waterjet by cd and mouseover lance (and firebolt) at priority target. Your Nithramus explode for average 595k, it can explode for 1 mil + with your item level.
Try to use Evanesce for barrage cast so you can stay still for most time, use Rune of Power in that case.

In case you dont saw it, simcrafted list of trinket - http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage ... st-in-slot.
Btw, its very strange why DSI rated so high in that list, mastery is lowest priority stat for pve frost )

PC (crystal) -> than thermal void on single target, you have extra cleave target for PC duration.
mouseover lance macros?
Zelendria

Unread postby Zelendria Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:48 pm

By doing a mouseover macro for IL you can continue casting FBs on your normal target. Simply mouseover a bomb and cast IL, and it will hit the bomb without changing the target.
It's a much easier scenario than constantly target switching.
The same works really well when you are Arcane and you want to AB your PC but AM your MoD target.
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks for all the concern, I have been feeling a sort of lag with my class trinket where i cant get ice lances off at all, like in rotation the ice lance doesnt always go off when i hit it, But ill try it.

I use evenssence for bombs mostly we are still taking 2 phases and i am super heavy into mechanics cause i split raid leading with others.

for 1 target fights u like to go class trinket / gaze of sethe
for more than 1 target u like to go class trinket /pof
for demon bosses u like to go class trinket / orb of voidsight
all trinkets on heroic ilvl

the best lvl 1 talent to go is ice floes (for some bosses evanescene is worth) but mostly u can go greater invis and ice block to avoid the incoming damage.

keybinding waterjet is mandatory. with class trinket u have to check out the perfect spell rotation.
u can take a look at this thread:
https://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopi ... 526#p20526" target="_blank

In addition with the right use of 3mins cooldowns and timewalk plus second Int pot u should be very fine
Fnoptik

Unread postby Fnoptik Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 am

mouseover lance macros?

Code: Select all

/showtooltip Ice Lance /cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Ice Lance
and same macro with Frostfire Bolt
Fenderz

Unread postby Fenderz Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 am

the best lvl 1 talent to go is ice floes (for some bosses evanescene is worth) but mostly u can go greater invis and ice block to avoid the incoming damage.

keybinding waterjet is mandatory. with class trinket u have to check out the perfect spell rotation.

In addition with the right use of 3mins cooldowns and timewalk plus second Int pot u should be very fine
mythic DSI better then normal PoF right?
Fenderz

Unread postby Fenderz Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:56 am

mouseover lance macros?

Code: Select all

/showtooltip Ice Lance /cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Ice Lance
and same macro with Frostfire Bolt
this is awesome thanks
Raikoh

Unread postby Raikoh Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:18 am

mythic DSI better then normal PoF right?
than normal POF of course mythic DSI is a way better. even mythic dsi is in my simulations slightly better on single target damage than mythic pof.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”