SN+OP full haste or mastery+warsong?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Zyrachiel

SN+OP full haste or mastery+warsong?

Unread postby Zyrachiel Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Title says it all really.
I refuse to use PC out of principle, so I run overpowered/arcane orb where applicable. Getting good results, but I was running Unstable Magic up until now (6/13 mythic) and I feel like I should really be using supernova instead for burst and utility with bosses like Xhul'horac coming up.
I am currently running full haste+warsong in order to leave the frost option open for myself, but in all honesty frost just feels mediocre and boring these days and I don't even switch to it anymore.

So TL:DR: what enchants/gems should I go for with supernova+overpowered?
My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... %A1/simple" target="_blank
My logs for whatever reason: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/207" target="_blank

Thanks,
Ledová
<Light of Eärendil>
Zhaoxin

Re: SN+OP full haste or mastery+warsong?

Unread postby Zhaoxin Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 am

It's my understanding that as long as you have the 4pc haste is your best option until 2100+, and even then it isn't bad. But if you're asking strictly based on talent choices, on a basic level Mastery would benefit SN more, and haste OP more (more casts = more procs = longer duration). However, if you have high haste you'll be getting more Anomalies, and if you center your SN casts around those it'll be quite a bit stronger than just buffed with mastery alone.

Of course this is all rather theoretical and I don't have a whole lot of numbers to back it up, so maybe a more math-oriented person can help more.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”