Mythic Dungeon trinket question

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Vaeviktis

Mythic Dungeon trinket question

Unread postby Vaeviktis Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:56 pm

Moderator note: Moved to Q&A.

My guild leaders for some reason have a hard on for the Mythic dungeon trinket and using the food, fel mouth frenzy, on bosses that are demons. They claim that the proc from the food utilizes the 10 percent damage done to demons from the trinket. They insist on using it and have a problem with me not using it.

My question is, as arcane, is this practice ever going to yield more damage than a TOSW and PoF setup?
Rinoa
Administrator

Re: Mythic Dungeon trinket question

Unread postby Rinoa Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 am

ToSW and PoF are better than Orb of Voidsight even when fighting demons. Keep in mind that Prismatic Crystal isn't a demon and therefore the damage boost does not work on it. Felmouth Frenzy is an alright food, the issue is that it procs RPPM trinkets such as PoF so if you're pre-casting Arcane Blast you're much more likely to get a PoF proc on the initial cast as both the Arcane Blast itself as well as the Felmouth Frenzy can proc it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're doing PC on 0 charges.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Those are usually mistakes people do by running only single target simulations. They decide on trinkets that on most AOE situations, even very mildly AOE, aren't as good at. Not that we can simulate any complex fight really, but it comes to show how wrong people are when they decide everything for every boss based on single target when even 2 or 3 targets change everything of that sort.
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 am

Your raid leadership needs to give their head a shake, sounds short sighted and ignorant (no offense)
Vaeviktis

Unread postby Vaeviktis Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Honestly, I myself failed to see how that trinket could pull ahead of any other trinket in this tier. Especially the caster one. I appreciate the responses though!

and as a note, my guild leadership, while being an alright group of people, have no idea what serious raiding is.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 pm

I wouldn't say all successful raiders are good at the theory. The tone of communication might be more relevant in this case. I've noticed raiders in very successful guilds doing mistakes but it doesn't matter much since they might be exceptional at movement, reliability and general execution.

Let alone Blizzard has made it hard lately to do very big theoretical mistakes. The secondaries for example aren't a big deal on arcane, not that much of a deal on frost, and while they are a big deal on fire, I doubt Blizzard anticipated the turn that spec has lately.
Krejzolecka

Unread postby Krejzolecka Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 am

Honestly, I myself failed to see how that trinket could pull ahead of any other trinket in this tier. Especially the caster one. I appreciate the responses though!

and as a note, my guild leadership, while being an alright group of people, have no idea what serious raiding is.
Haha :D
Before we starded doing Mythic i bought mythic boost twice so I could see how everything looks and get higer ilvl. After that Our guild started doing mythic and it was pretty good and easy

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”