Fire single target dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
tonytaponi

Fire single target dps

Unread postby tonytaponi Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi everyone!

I am looking for help with fire. This is my last log for single target boss - Zakun, I was assigned to cover waves so I did nothing but dps:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Gr ... slate=true" target="_blank

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/% ... %B8/simple" target="_blank

I suppose my problem is into opening and combustion accumulating, but I can't find what exactly is wrong: rotation, stats/equip or something else.

My trinkets are Sandman's pouch and Shadowmoon Insignia. I have 99% crit chance for fireball/pyroblast with trinket proc and about 3100 mastery buffed.

Openning:
1) Common rotation until trinket procs and heatingup + pyroblast! buffs occurs.
2) place PC.
3) Fireball + pyro, fireball + pyro, pyro, pyro.
4) combustion + infernoblast
DyLemma

Re: Fire single target dps

Unread postby DyLemma Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:25 am

Mostly once you get the rotation down it's all about getting your trinket to proc quickly and hopefully getting a phoenix on your first pre pyro, also you really want to stand 18 yards from where your crystal will be placed and start running at your crystal on the last 2 pyros, you need to be quicker on the rotation, combusted a little slow. Also you really want to be playing cold snap at all times playing fire, dragon's breathe does a ton of damage and having an extra one boosts your dps quite a bit. You had a really really weak combustion which makes your damage significantly lower then it should be. Your mastery is a bit low, also you should replace fireball on opener to scorch, like I said it's all about getting your trinket to proc as soon as possible. Nothing else matters at the beginning. I'm not exactly sure what your crit rating is in-game but looks a little high, you want 47% at the max and get as much mastery as you can after that. I also personally use a reset=10 castsequence macro for dragon's breathe/coldsnap/dragon's breathe.
Fnoptik

Re: Fire single target dps

Unread postby Fnoptik Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 am

You gain second ring buff on 2:02, and your second crit proc on 2:10, so there is no second combustion on boss at all, to minimize chance for such a bad luck just use scorch instead of fireball if there is ring usage ahead (in 4-5 seconds).
Or, to completely negate random or in case of delayed rings, switch to http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/item/110007/dungeon-mythic" target="_blank, its Shadowmoon Burial Grounds drop - second boss, there is also similar trinket with strength from third boss.
You can't get this trinkets with personal loot.

Can you share your
reset=10 castsequence macro for dragon's breathe/coldsnap/dragon's breathe.
?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”