Alternative to arcane bis boots?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Pkm

Alternative to arcane bis boots?

Unread postby Pkm Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:43 am

I can't seem to get a good deal on mythic soul render slippers on my server. It's always overpriced.

At the moment I have the crafted upgraded slippers haste/mastery. Is there something better I can use till I get those mythic soul renders Boe?
Curnivore

Re: Alternative to arcane bis boots?

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Why do you think they are the best for you? Did you run a simulation? I've seen other boots beating it here.

Arcane has a large preference to intellect and it may get various secondaries.

I've simmed better with the 740s with crit/versatility.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:35 pm

The 730 boots from Zakuun came out ever so slightly ahead of the BoE ones last time I simmed them myself - which was a while ago but basically they should be about the same. They would definitely be better than the crafted boots.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 am

The 730 boots from Zakuun came out ever so slightly ahead of the BoE ones last time I simmed them myself - which was a while ago but basically they should be about the same. They would definitely be better than the crafted boots.
Yes. That's the boots I'm talking about. Of course it wasn't anything spectacularly different so I wouldn't sweat too much over it (and we can't perfectly simulate all real bosses anyway).
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:45 am

Bloody Dagger-Heeled Pumps from Zakuun are roughly equal to Dessicated Soulrender Slippers - your gear and the fight length decides which is better. They are a very solid choice, and also have the upside of being great for Fire as well.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Mon May 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Bloody Dagger-Heeled Pumps from Zakuun are roughly equal to Dessicated Soulrender Slippers - your gear and the fight length decides which is better. They are a very solid choice, and also have the upside of being great for Fire as well.
I've talked to other mages in my guild and server, not one of them agreed that the mythic boots off zakuun are a rough equal to the mythic soulrenders. Is this info outdated now that kill times are so fast nowdays?
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon May 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Most players go by scaling factors they found somewhere that they never simulate.They are wrong. It's a common mistake people do across the entire game for all classes and especially the healing and tanking specs that can't be simulated well.

Also a regular fallacy is to consider some stats to have a weight of 0 because they heard versatility is bad so it must be useless right?
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 pm

I've talked to other mages in my guild and server, not one of them agreed that the mythic boots off zakuun are a rough equal to the mythic soulrenders. Is this info outdated now that kill times are so fast nowdays?
No, its been that way throughout the tier every time I've simmed my own character.

I think too many people just look at the stats, crit/vers vs haste/mastery and focus on the fact that mastery/haste are the two best while crit/vers are not, ignoring the ilvl difference and that Arcane doesn't have huge differences in stat weights.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue May 03, 2016 1:58 am

I think too many people just look at the stats, crit/vers vs haste/mastery and focus on the fact that mastery/haste are the two best while crit/vers are not, ignoring the ilvl difference and that Arcane doesn't have huge differences in stat weights.
Pretty much this.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Fri May 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Are these zakuun boots going to sim well assuming that the mage is already between 2000-2200 haste and has a good amount of mastery already? Like 740+ ilvl?
Irugard

Unread postby Irugard Fri May 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes, it will be better no doubt about it.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Fri May 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Are these zakuun boots going to sim well assuming that the mage is already between 2000-2200 haste and has a good amount of mastery already? Like 740+ ilvl?
They will sim comparably to the other boots. The mage's stats and ilvl will influence exact stat weights which will swing one or the other slightly ahead or behind, but that's about it. If you want to look at your specific character then sim yourself and see. If you want a general rule: wear whatever you have; if you have both, wear whatever you'd like because the difference is going to be small enough so as to make no noticeable impact. Its really not worth spending a ton of time worrying about.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”