Howto maximize chance for proc on crystal?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Fnoptik

Howto maximize chance for proc on crystal?

Unread postby Fnoptik Thu May 19, 2016 9:02 am

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

I apologies if that question was asked before.
How can we maximize chances for proc on crystal?
I already pull without precast, place crystal on "1" countdown, but most time (i think in 70-80% pulls) doom proc on boss.
There is something complex with RPMM on pull?
I read something about "time_since_last_proc" parameter in RPPM formula, that parameter reset only on bosses?
Curnivore

Re: Howto maximize chance for proc on crystal?

Unread postby Curnivore Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 am

Felmouth Frenzy is known to increase it but I haven't confirmed if it has a travel time and it's a hoax. A more solid way to increase chance is to hit the crystal and then move the boss on it even if it's a minor dps loss. The trinket needs 226 seconds to maximize its proc chance so fast pulls do not favor it.

PS. I also thought that "70% of the time" it goes on boss but we may just be pessimists and it might be an illusion because it doesn't hold any mathematical merit. If anything, the opposite should be true because the crystal is the first registering damage hence the probability of application is higher on it than on what it hits, if it didn't proc yet. Of course, there might be bugs or quirks.

PPS. It is likely that Unstable Magic skews our expectations because of the way it works. It might be registering damage first on enemies before the crystal. I wonder what the simcraft coders know about this.
Fnoptik

Unread postby Fnoptik Thu May 19, 2016 9:23 am

My first guess was also about unstable magic, then i try lot of pulls with supernova slotted, subjectively same results - most time proc on boss.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 am

I made a question about it at the PoF thread because that's probably the right place to go on about it.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... 354#p22354" target="_blank
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu May 19, 2016 9:31 am

My first guess was also about unstable magic, then i try lot of pulls with supernova slotted, subjectively same results - most time proc on boss.
That might not be different because Supernova likely registers first randomly to one of its targets (or rather "randomly" to the perspective of the user) and the enemy might be before the crystal.

Or, there might be an inherent delay of application to the crystal. I consider that unlikely though because the crystal is an NPC and on those things NPCs are likely identical.
Fnoptik

Unread postby Fnoptik Thu May 19, 2016 3:08 pm

That might not be different because Supernova likely registers first randomly to one of its targets (or rather "randomly" to the perspective of the user) and the enemy might be before the crystal.

Or, there might be an inherent delay of application to the crystal. I consider that unlikely though because the crystal is an NPC and on those things NPCs are likely identical.
You dont understand, i try lot of pulls with supernova sloted and im not using supernova before proc happens.
I slotted it mainly to negate unstable magic influence on pull doom proc, to check the following statement - "prismatic damage can proc doom nova".
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu May 19, 2016 5:03 pm

In that case there is nothing that can change the order of application and it is clear that the crystal will get the first hit. Maybe it really is plain old pessimism creating that impression. An alternative reason would be that the trinket has a higher chance to proc on higher level targets because the crystal is only 101 and the bosses 103.
troti

Unread postby troti Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:44 pm

I might have missed something, but I thought it was much better having that proc on boss, to get double aoe via cristal ...

Am I outdated ?
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Prismatic Crystal gets hit when Mark of Doom is on it.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:58 pm

I might have missed something, but I thought it was much better having that proc on boss, to get double aoe via cristal ...

Am I outdated ?
outdated?, i dont think anyone has ever said mark is better on the boss then crystal.
troti

Unread postby troti Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:34 pm

http://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewt ... f-rotation" target="_blank

I was using this cycle. I understand that when proc on boss, having PC will trigger the explosion on boss and on cristal (then on boss a second time), better than directly on cristal, hu ? What am I missing exactly ?
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Mark of Doom is not detonated from the damage pulses of the Prismatic Crystal. This would create an infinite loop where Mark of Doom hits the crystal, causing it to pulse, triggering Mark of Doom which would hit the crystal etc. It simply cannot work that way.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”