[LEGION] Which spec should i choose?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Humain

[LEGION] Which spec should i choose?

Unread postby Humain Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Moderating note: moved to Q&A.

Hi mages!

I've just received my beta 3 days ago and i have a question. I dont know which spec is the best for PvE. I'm in lvl 102 and i already have the 3 artifacts weapons but i dont know in which one spend my artifact power.

I would like to know which spec will be better to do PvE at max lvl because I dont want to waste wrong my artifact power.

Thank you all for your answers!
guther

Re: [LEGION] Which spec should i choose?

Unread postby guther Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Humain tio no me seas vago!! Testealo tu mismo jajaja
Humain

Unread postby Humain Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Jajajajaja puto Guther! Sí, es lo que me va a tocar hacer creo yo. Un saludo tío!
guther

Unread postby guther Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Vete en Fire/Arcane... de momento hasta nuevo cambio... que aun estamos en Beta. Un abrazo tio.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Having ran your posts through Google translate as I do not know Spanish I can't find anything that suggest they are malicious, but please post in English in the future. This is an English language site and ideally we'd like everyone to be able to read the posts that are made. Thank you.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 pm

I was thinking today while I was running 5mans with both specs of Arcane and Fire and doing some solo questing with both specs that Arcane is probably a disaster for content that has trash being important, or the fight being very long and complex. Ironically, it's really not anything new, because even in WoD we already knew that having an Arcane in 5mans for example wasn't such an amazing idea, or having it without the extreme ring/HFC burst and very short fights, while it wasn't bad, it didn't look impressive. I tend to think it's a good 2nd spec, for now.
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:02 am

I haven't done a lot with Arcane since Alpha, but to me the 5man damage seemed pretty okay with Resonance and the AE buff.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:55 am

Back then Arcane was in the realm of being overpowered. It was enormously strong, even in dungeons. It's not quite at that level anymore after having recieved several nerfs.
Twitter
Armory

Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:33 pm

I noticed while I was thinking about the first 13 traits that fire finds it relatively easy and early to reach Pyretic Incantation, a pretty impressive trait while to reach it, it goes through very important boosts to main nukes. Arcane in contrast doesn't do anything too important in terms of major traits for the first few ranks. That gives further the impression that Arcane might be - once more - a spec "for later".

I haven't looked into frost though and I want to because, fire has a very good chance at being nerfed on single target at least, because right now it looks very convenient to play, maybe TOO convenient and I hear even single target damage might be too good so I wouldn't be surprised if frost becomes a very good 1st spec, unless they keep it too much into the "CC spec" venue again.
guther

Unread postby guther Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:26 pm

+1 WarcraftMages.

Fire Mafe take the risk to be nerf... as Enhacement, ProtPala, DemonLock, Warrior... etc

I tested fire mage last night. Without elaborating our damage is top5.

Starts to sound in the distance frost.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Ironically, it's really not anything new, because even in WoD we already knew that having an Arcane in 5mans for example wasn't such an amazing idea, or having it without the extreme ring/HFC burst and very short fights, while it wasn't bad, it didn't look impressive.
Not sure what you mean by this. Arcane has played well in dungeons and raids at any gear level all expansion long. It hasn't always been optimal, particularly at WoD launch and during Highmaul, but it sure as heck hasn't been bad. I have done most of my dungeons with Supernova, Incanter's Flow and Arcane Orb with great success.
Twitter
Armory

Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Not sure what you mean by this. Arcane has played well in dungeons and raids at any gear level all expansion long. It hasn't always been optimal, particularly at WoD launch and during Highmaul, but it sure as heck hasn't been bad. I have done most of my dungeons with Supernova, Incanter's Flow and Arcane Orb with great success.
Well I might not be saying something too different since you're saying up to Highmaul it wasn't great and I'm thinking about the early weeks of Legion here. It might be a spec "for later" in general. It also tends to be clunky for messy stuff like kiting mobs in solo levelling near launch and when fights drag in general or the positioning isn't very strict yet.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:13 pm

By not optimal I don't mean that it was bad. It wasn't. Frost was just better, is all.
Twitter
Armory

carrybag

Unread postby carrybag Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:32 am

+1 WarcraftMages.

Fire Mafe take the risk to be nerf... as Enhacement, ProtPala, DemonLock, Warrior... etc

I tested fire mage last night. Without elaborating our damage is top5.

Starts to sound in the distance frost.
proof?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:49 am

This thread does not contain any useful information to players and doesn't look like it will. Locked.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”