Returning Player - Making switch to Arcane

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Teddymonster

Returning Player - Making switch to Arcane

Unread postby Teddymonster Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I used to play Frost but I hear as your ilvl get's better making the switch to Arcane is more viable and once you get your 4 pc making the switch to Fire becomes a matter of preference of play style. Currently I only have 3 pieces of T16 Heroic gear. Hoping to net a 4th relatively shortly but if not that's fine too. With that said. I'd like to get the opinion of this forum as a returning player things are still quite new. Terminology has changed since I last played (Ending of Ulduar). So I've tried reading some of the posts on these forums but the lingo just doesn't make too much sense for me due to my time out of game lol.

With that said. I know prioritizing Int > Hit (To cap) > Mastery > Haste is ideal. What is the Haste break point you want as arcane and is it ever okay to sacrifice a bit of Mastery to reach that break point in arcane?

Secondly, what Glyphs would you recommend. I've seen do's and don'ts on many different situations and some people not liking the AP glyph etc.

Snap shotting from what I remember reading wasn't ideal while you played Frost Mage because even if you were perfect in your execution of it the DPS increase was only minor otherwise it's a loss.

What do you guys recommend as an easy way of applying Nether Tempest to multiple mobs and keeping track of it? Tab just doesn't seem to work all that well.

Last but not least. Any tips / Tricks? I hear learning Arcane is easy. It's mastering it that is hard. So any tricks I can start practicing would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading this and taking the time to help me out. :)
Teddymonster

Re: Returning Player - Making switch to Arcane

Unread postby Teddymonster Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:48 pm

PS yes I've tried youtubing but seems most of the Arcane videos on youtube are immediately after the Arcane change when 5.4 hit or pvp focused. Looking for something more up to date :)
Soggs
Global Moderator

Re: Returning Player - Making switch to Arcane

Unread postby Soggs Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 pm

May I direct you to this thread. This should cover a lot of your questions. For further ones just come back here.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”