Fire Trash Dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Galdervorne

Fire Trash Dps

Unread postby Galdervorne Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:03 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A
So I have been having a really hard time keeping up on aoe dps, specifically trash pulls in between bosses. I end up being so low that I often do less than the tank, and am far under the other two dps classes. I have tried different aoe playstyles, I have tried including cinderstorm and / or living bomb, but to no avail. Are we just going to be weak at aoe and have to wait until several weeks or months from now when we get the double flamestrike node in the artifact? Maybe there is something I am just missing. I can't complain about our single target at least, I usually place first or second on boss fights, just feel really bad on trash mobs.
Weezdion

Re: Fire Trash Dps

Unread postby Weezdion Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Trash pulls between bosses are usually less than 10 mobs and using Flamestrike on them is not worth it. Just go with Conflagration/LB/CiS and do normal single target rotation apart from that. Keep in mind that you will lose a bit of single target dps due to having Conflagration/LB instead of Pyromaniac/UM. Also artifact ability is doing really good aoe dmg so try using it as much as possible on trash (but since there is 45s CD don't overuse it so you don't have it on boss fights). Fire is not greatest spec on trash but you should be able to do decent dps.
Kver
Administrator

Re: Fire Trash Dps

Unread postby Kver Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Are you using rune of power every pull if you can? The difference is absolutely massive. Keep in mind that ignite spreads by itself, on smaller packs using LB isn't even worth it(think 3 targets, it starts to catch up at 4 targets, becomes big above 5) so just using pyroblast/cinderstorm/phoenix will be your damage.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”