Crit Diminishing Return?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Kalris87

Crit Diminishing Return?

Unread postby Kalris87 Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
Hello!

First time poster, long time reader. As my topic states, I'm wondering weather or not crit as a stat has any diminishing returns as currently I have 53% on live servers. Should I go for mastery? Thoughts and comments appreciated!
Calo
Global Moderator

Re: Crit Diminishing Return?

Unread postby Calo Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Reckon you could stack it atleast till your crit reaches 100% talking into account baseline buffs:) But i only got back to the game recently so somebody better confirm this.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:01 pm

You don't have to worry about that until you're crit-capped, so you keep on stacking crit. Mastery is currently our weakest stat. You can read this thread https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=2611" target="_blank for more information on stat weights.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Juravieal

Unread postby Juravieal Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:34 am

You don't have to worry about that until you're crit-capped, so you keep on stacking crit. Mastery is currently our weakest stat. You can read this thread https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=2611" target="_blank for more information on stat weights.
I assume he is asking about mastery due to Frosted's advice from that same thread.
Taken together with the single target sims, Crit>Int>Mastery is probably the best way to gear a Fire mage, for keeping respectable damage in single target and AoE scenarios.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 am

I assume he is asking about mastery due to Frosted's advice from that same thread.
Taken together with the single target sims, Crit>Int>Mastery is probably the best way to gear a Fire mage, for keeping respectable damage in single target and AoE scenarios.
That only means that after crit, mastery is best after int. This doesn't mean you should at any point gear for mastery.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Menghi

Unread postby Menghi Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 am

From my experience the more crit the better until 100% crit chance( or above 80% with set t19-2pc-bonuses). If you have 1 spell that doesn't crit in which it will fuck up Pyretic Incantation buff which tilt me the most on beta after the massive nerf on critical mass.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”