Frozen orb and Frost bomb

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Thorn

Frozen orb and Frost bomb

Unread postby Thorn Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

Hi there, new here and pretty new to Mage and Frost in general.

I have 2 questions that I was hoping someone here could help me with.

1. Is there a good way to aim Frozen Orb so that it has a good chance of hitting my target consistently?
I can position and turn to aim it but is there a way to make it auto go to the target or some such?

2. Most guides state that it is good to apply frost bomb to the target but during my world questing it seems to do less damage than to do other stuff (at least single target). Is there something I am missing? Do I get more use out of it in AOE situations? And if so, how many targets?

I hope you can help me because even though I play more fire these days I would like to get a handle on frost rotation as well for flexibility.
Laodi

Re: Frozen orb and Frost bomb

Unread postby Laodi Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:19 pm

1.) No. It flies in the direction you are looking. You can try to position yourself better with Blink or something but in the end its fire and forget. (the only way to change it is in pvp where its a stationary aim like Blizzard but this only works in PvP)
2.) Frostbomb is for longer fights. Most of the smaller mobs dont live long enough for making Frostbomb worth casting. For lvling or worldquests i like AG or just take passive UM.
Thorn

Re: Frozen orb and Frost bomb

Unread postby Thorn Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Ok, thank you for the answer. It seems like I thought, even though I hoped there was something I was missing.

Seem to also get the distance of Frozen orb wrong, but I guess something to get used to.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”