Arcane 7.1 Simulations

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
koraykayir

Arcane 7.1 Simulations

Unread postby koraykayir Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:28 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone perform any simulations after the launch of 7.1. I did several simulations by doing 7.1 version of simulationcraft but strangely it shows that mastery is my worst stat. It doesn't feel realistic since mana costs are increased in the most recent patch and mastery was the best stat before the patch.

I would appreciate if you can share your simulation results also, since I have some doubts about stat priority in 7.1. You can find my profile and simulation results in the link below.

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... nyx/simple
Simulation Results (Download html file and open it with any web browser): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2F4d ... kFyV0lnd2s

Cheers.
Ianarion

Re: Arcane 7.1 Simulations

Unread postby Ianarion Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm simming at

Int 9.01
Mastery 8.83
Vers 8.75
Crit 7.97
Haste 7.61

I used the most recent simcraft build on their daily builds folder.

Resonance is my talent mind you, not supernova.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced" target="_blank

Maybe it's because of your pants?
koraykayir

Unread postby koraykayir Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Before patch my stat priority were more or less same with yours even though I had the pants. I don't understand what have changed. In my opinion, priority of mastery should be increased with increased mana costs.
a0kalittlema0n

Unread postby a0kalittlema0n Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:22 am

With the changes to arcane in 7.1 the mana region value of mastery has gone down more than the damage buff of arcane blast has gone up, this makes mastery less valuable not to mention that the increase in damage only goes to arcane blast and the mana cost of all spells went up so this further devalues mastery as a stat.

This means that although mastery will buff a certain % for each stack, it becomes less valuable compared to crib and vers as a stat overall.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:31 am

Before patch my stat priority were more or less same with yours even though I had the pants. I don't understand what have changed. In my opinion, priority of mastery should be increased with increased mana costs.
This is a common misconception, and reminds us why opinions and feelings often don't agree with math. "Wanting more of a stat" DOES NOT increase the value of it. You're needing MORE to do the SAME THING as you used to. That's DECREASING the value of a stat.

Here's an analogy: imagine you enter a store you visit every day, and the cashier tells you that everything is now 20% more expensive. This means you want money a lot more, just so you can buy what you used to. In other words, the value of your money has just decreased.

Mastery is no different.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”