Ursoc on heroic or higher and ROP

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
cuchullian

Ursoc on heroic or higher and ROP

Unread postby cuchullian Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 am

I've found it very difficult to use RoP effectively during Ursoc on heroic with the amount of movement and stacking that is required. So I started using incanters flow, but I was wondering if Mirror image may be better for that fight. Or alternatively what timing should I be casting RoP on for that fight?
Rydis

Re: Ursoc on heroic or higher and ROP

Unread postby Rydis Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:58 am

RoP is still better on this fight, you just need to position better. Dont RoP until after both cacophanies. You are either the momentuim stack, which means you get a good 10 seconds of standing still, or you are not. Which you should be by the tanks ahead of the boss, again, a good 10 seconds of standing still. This is of course if you dont get focused.
Power

Unread postby Power Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:30 pm

The key to do a good DPS on ursoc is to understand the fight mechanics and timings :
Charge - ~5 sec - roar - ~3 sec - pool - ~15 sec - roar - pool - ~10 sec - charge.

When you got it, you know exactly when to use RoP and to pre-use your Ice floes so you do no have to cast interrupt when the pool spawns.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 pm

What I want to know is if the puddle can not hit you if you are far enough and still soak.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:03 pm

What I want to know is if the puddle can not hit you if you are far enough and still soak.
I don't think you can. Even if there is some "close-to-max-range trick" boss is constantly moving so it's hard to execute.

I also found this problematic until I realized what Power saidish. On mythic difficulty you get roars often, but at some point, add come, when add come, there is ~15 sec window when there is no road + you got add to cleave so that's perfect moment to pop RoP / Burst and burst. You should have RoP for each windows and shouldn't really pop cds between unless you don't have to soak.
lopstar

Unread postby lopstar Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:16 pm

not all have to soak all the time. Maybe the 2 last ones, but other than that it's pretty manageble to not soak all the time and get more dps.

It's a dps race, and if u can't get a good dps, it doesn't matter. U just get more roars and get fucked either way.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:28 pm

It's a controversial issue in reality since the general suggestion here is to hold on to RoPs but that has an element of DPS loss into it so one has to determine if it's a gain to hold on to them in order to use them seconds later in full. Then again that puddle doesn't seem reduce dps unless a roar hits it. It might be most optimal to keep dpsing with a rop in it for a while while having a healer spot healing:P

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”