Log evaluation and advice for all

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Kythos

Log evaluation and advice for all

Unread postby Kythos Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

Greetings Fellow Magi!

First off I am really glad we have a great site to share and learn. This site has been rather helpful compared to many other resources out there.

Are there any Log detectives, analysts, and or scholars that can find areas to improve?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 066020/10/" target="_blank

Feel free to be honest, looking to better my performance, and offer a 'dissection' that can be useful for fresh 110s and as well as mythic raiders alike.

~~~current goal is Mythic Cen. (a 3 minute all out blitz (need ~400k+ dps)) and looking for the best possible gear stats/talents for this specific enounter... at the same time looking for general advise that may help the fellow forum reader.
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
Kythos

Re: Log evaluation and advice for all

Unread postby Kythos Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:54 am

One mistake that was pointed out to me... I thought NT snapshots RoP... It is dynamic...
I was NT after RoP and only catching the last tick of MoA in AP and rolling the next RoP into the ap burn...
Suggested core
Prepot, abx4, NT, MoA, RoP, AP to ABs and AMs second RoP burn to 0, evo...
Hard throttle after evo so second AP around 1:40 can be a full mana pool, with second pot at high quickening, then back to evo.

I was not throttling as much as I needed and lost sight of the HQ burn, mainly due to learning mythic mechanics.

Hope this helps, please advise if you see anything else.... Or more importantly, open to learn what small things my fellow magi have focused on and noticed an increased in DPS for raiding environments.
pewpewpewpewpew!
x1xruex1x

Unread postby x1xruex1x Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:18 pm

I'll take a lil gander at this later tonight for ya Kythos. Sadly, I can't open logs here at work.
the HQ burn and mechanics becomes hard to manage in my honest opinion, but then again, I'm not hardcore raider that does mythic or anything. I'm a simple person doing normal mode :-P

Regardless though, the hardest part is managing your Q stacks for the HQ burn and aligning it to the AP cooldown and ensuring that AP will align with mana and evo.

So it's a lot of tedium to ensure the HQ burn goes off properly. I've since given up trying to get to the highest amount of Q as I can, and just go into burn if I'm around the 35-40 range honestly. I know some people say to jive it up so you're higher than that, and ideally that's the case, but I just find it too much to manage.

Either way, I'll review your logs later and see what I can pick out from it.

I will say this though, fights like Odyn, don't allot for you to be at your best due to transitions and even at that, multiple needs to burn through things.
~Rue~
User Details:
Spoiler:
Battle Tag: Rue#1731
Character: Felona
Realm: Llane
Faction: Alliance
Lith

Unread postby Lith Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:57 pm

I see several things wrong with it like using arcane barrage and not setting up your initial and second bursts correctly. If you want I'd be glad to meet with you and go over it and get this figured out because with your gear level you could pull 400k+ easy depending on the amount of points in your weapon.

my credentials: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 591207/10/
(I just got 35th trait so those will all go up next clear)

my bnet tag: Lithmygoo#1870
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks @Rue and @Lith!

One thing to note after checking out your logs Lith is you have the Runemaster Kilt so Resonance over Supernova, and my guess is you do not need to throttle, you can barrage rotation with the Kilt.

At the same time I am sure there are small things I am missing that I need to work on, especially playing around mechanics in Heroic ToV and Mythic EN.
pewpewpewpewpew!
Lith

Unread postby Lith Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:14 am

A good arcane mage never uses barrage right now, I only use resonance for AoE and don't want to spend money on tomes between bosses. Technically supernova is the best fro ST because it gives you something to do the 3-4 seconds between refreshing quickening stacks. I don't even use the passive on my kilt except for AoE or if I can't do the quickening stacking rotation so fights like Odyn where there is a phase change and I can't hit anything for 6 seconds(the BiS legendary for ST are the armwraps atm, the kilt is really only useful on AoE or if you mess up quickening stacks). That is why I'd rather explain things in person, the correct rotation is you blow your CDs and burn through your mana at start, evo, then sit around 80% mana and only refresh your quickening stacks before they fall off and do nothing for essentially 4 seconds (supernova lets you do damage between waiting because it costs no mana) you still keep up NT and use mark when you can. When your second burst phase comes up you then do the same thing but by this time you will be close to 40 stacks of quickening so you burn your mana faster, you go to 0 mana, evo then start stacking quickening again staying at 80% mana and just refreshing quickening right before it falls off. When you think the boss is going to die is when you burn through the rest of your mana so that you run out about the time the boss dies and that's basically the arcane rotation right now. If any of this is confusing, please contact me in-game though.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 pm

@lith this makes sense...
I admit I stopped trying to go for the second AP HQ burn because I was running low on mana early... Was not throttling / slow casting after Evocation because I was going a lower mastery build and figured barrage rotations would suffice... It doesn't. Haha

It was also pointed out that I should second pot right at 1:40 with the same opening AP burn (and time warp ring).

I might have spent too much time focused on the PTR and what is down the road :)

Will update logs soon to show improvements... We had some new trails for farm bosses last raid so no new parses :cry:
pewpewpewpewpew!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”