About haste for fire...

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Schnizol

About haste for fire...

Unread postby Schnizol Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 am

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
So one of threads here shows haste as the top stat... some other people write how important haste is. Does that mean I should stack haste as much as possible? How much haste should I have? From gear I have 5553 haste (ca. 15%) right now...
tailes

Re: About haste for fire...

Unread postby tailes Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 am

AFAIK haste becomes more valuable when you have the 2 set bonus. Also bindings are haste beneficial. For me on Ilvl 898 with bindings and 4pc all stats are fairly the same
illwil

Unread postby illwil Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 am

I have bracers and no set bonus. with meteor I sim crit slightly higher even with 59% crit 10% haste. Once I switch to cinderstorm haste actually becomes worth more than int. with the same gear.

I'm sure if I switched over to my haste gear it would drop a bit, but I haven't run those numbers yet.
Colinthetank

Unread postby Colinthetank Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 am

Honestly I feel like I have too much haste right now. As a troll mage with 22% haste, when I get time warp and use all my cooldowns on my rotation I have to allow for a minor delay to occur between some of my casts in order for the game to realize my pyroblast should be an insta cast. Too many times it goes from Warming up ---> Fireblast ----> Hard casting pyroblast. Superrr anoying.
Aggrokalle

Unread postby Aggrokalle Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 am

AFAIK haste becomes more valuable when you have the 2 set bonus. Also bindings are haste beneficial. For me on Ilvl 898 with bindings and 4pc all stats are fairly the same
same for me.

crit and haste are so close to each other for me, that it really dont matter much. therefore i kinda itemizize into my favourit statlevels. ~ 57-60% crit, and after that a good mix of haste and mastery. then i try to get some masteryheavy pieces for a multitarget-set.
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 am

Honestly I feel like I have too much haste right now. As a troll mage with 22% haste, when I get time warp and use all my cooldowns on my rotation I have to allow for a minor delay to occur between some of my casts in order for the game to realize my pyroblast should be an insta cast. Too many times it goes from Warming up ---> Fireblast ----> Hard casting pyroblast. Superrr anoying.
A simple tip for this is move closer to the boss, or use scorch to gain your Warming up buff, since both FB and Scorch is insta cast. If its inside your Pyro! Fb Pyro! Fb, rotation the only way of getting it more "instant" is to move closer to the boss. Which is really easy on every single boss in NH atm since they dont have many punishing spells, that straight up drops you dead if you move into melee for the duration of Comb.
Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:01 pm

If it's during combustion, just keep moving around.
Schnizol

Unread postby Schnizol Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

so... is 15% haste fine? :P
Mybull

Unread postby Mybull Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

with lust and all my haste buff procs... 120% haste just messed up my whole combust rotations... i feel you bro...
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I also observed it while using Sephuz. 30% from Sephuz + 30% from BL and other stuff made me cast pyroblasts which should be instants. In this case I lost few GCDs for cancelations and lost quite some dps.
illwil

Unread postby illwil Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:15 pm

is everyone saying that they are similar running it with both meteor and cinder to see? I get a huge jump in haste weight with cinder. Also, do you have the 2 piece set?
Hajie

Unread postby Hajie Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm currently 894 equipped and have been toying around with a lot of haste over crit due to having the 2 set. I'm simming at 559 at the moment, but it's putting Versatility over everything but intellect. I would say you just need to find your sweet spot since the 2 set basically devalues crit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ACe/simple" target="_blank

7644 crit
9198 haste
4639 Mastery
4431 Versatility

I have the gear to play around with other stats currently, although i'm liking this right now.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”