Arcane Missiles macro

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Arindiel

Arcane Missiles macro

Unread postby Arindiel Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Hello there.Especially during High Botanist i have some fps issues.This makes me to have to spam abilities at some points so i make sure the cast goes of during the low fps
Especially during RoP+OP openers when i have 3stacks of Arcane Missiles and i want to get rid of them i'm spamming the button and this causes me to lose some missiles.I know the no channeling macro but it is a dps loss.
Lets say that with my haste Arcane Missiles take 1,5seconds to complete channeling.Normally without fps issues i could just start casting my second AM around 0,2seconds before the first AM channeling ends.With low fps though the second AM cast starts way sooner than that and i lose most of the missiles.
Is there any macro that can delay how often i can use Arcane Missiles?For example if i cast Arcane Missiles that macro will prevent a new Arcane Missile cast to start before lets say 1,4seconds have passed.
Excuse my bad use of English
Any help will be appreciated
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Re: Arcane Missiles macro

Unread postby Zulandia Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Something like:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip /cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles
May help you but you might also just find you have the opposite issue if the lag is bad enough (instead of clipping you have dead time between casts). Regardless it is the best you can do here so give it a shot and see.
Arindiel

Unread postby Arindiel Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for replying but i am aware about the macro you posted.This "forces"the whole channel to end before you can cast anything else and unfortunately it causes a dps loss.Im more looking to something that when you cast arcane missiles it will automatically"lock"the same ability so it cant be used again before X amount of seconds but it will allow any other ability(arcane blast)to be cast whenever you want.I dont want arcane missiles to overlap.What i ask for probably cant be done i know but it was worth it to ask.
Thanks again for the reply
Razielsr1

Unread postby Razielsr1 Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:08 am

Thanks for replying but i am aware about the macro you posted.This "forces"the whole channel to end before you can cast anything else and unfortunately it causes a dps loss.Im more looking to something that when you cast arcane missiles it will automatically"lock"the same ability so it cant be used again before X amount of seconds but it will allow any other ability(arcane blast)to be cast whenever you want.I dont want arcane missiles to overlap.What i ask for probably cant be done i know but it was worth it to ask.
Thanks again for the reply
In your very specific case, no, there is no macro available that will let you time delay and lock a spell in the way you describe.

You could try...

Code: Select all

#showtool Arcane Blast /stopcasting [channeling:Arcane Missile] /cast Arcane Blast
... with the other macro, but you'll likely find yourself back where you started, clipping AM ticks.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”