Arcane Mage/Need help with DPS

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
tmpk

Arcane Mage/Need help with DPS

Unread postby tmpk Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey guys,

like a lot of mages here I need help with increasing my DPS. My guild is currently 9/10 HC NH and I'm sure I can contribute more to my guild regarding DPS. I simmed myself for 513212 dps, but in fights I often find myself pulling much much less. I was wondering if anyone could look at my logs, tell me wat I'm doing wrong and give me some advice. I got Rhonins + Kilt and the 4p set.

Here's a link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... r/advanced
and here's a link to my logs - I'm Azatior (my guild logs 90% of the time, so I'm glad there's a lot of things you can go through): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wf ... &source=11

I'd appreciate any help you can give me!
Deckzor

Re: Arcane Mage/Need help with DPS

Unread postby Deckzor Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:06 am

Use AM during AP mate = huge dps increase
Never use PoM out of AP

Trilliax u cast ONE !!! cast during your second AP = learn the mechanics
Vhella

Re: Arcane Mage/Need help with DPS

Unread postby Vhella Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm

I'll take your Trilliax log as an example :

- You used only one pot
- You should use Presence of Mind only during AP
- You moved/ran around to do mechanics during your AP #1 & #2, which is nice for your raid, but a big dps loss.
- You didn't use ONE offensive spell during 3:42 & 3:58, that's huge.
- With mystic kilt you should try to use Charged up instead of Resonance, especially on Single target fights
- Capitalize more on your Rhonin's procs, use missiles only at 4 charges (unless you're doing a mechanic that requires movement)
- Try to align MoA with AP, that's easier to manage and yields good results

In my opinion you need to be a little bit more selfish during fights. You can't do every mechanics, Grab a cake, go back to dps. Grab a Robot, go back to DPS. Commit more to your bursts they are your DPS windows. Do mechanics during your downtimes (No AP, No Rop, No Charges, no mana). Try to preshot what you will have to do (by using DBM and checking timers) to save up time.

Quick Stuff:
- On Tichondrius, AE should be your first Damage source, (save AP for the night)
- On Star Augur Etraeus, use AE for final phase to "Cleave" down The big Add from the void, small adds and the boss. use missiles on the Big add
- On Botanist AE should be your first Damage source by a long margin, there is almost never a reason to use AB in this fight.

Good luck !

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”