Help for the Girlfriend

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
angrybear

Help for the Girlfriend

Unread postby angrybear Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A
Hello, I am looking for some help. My girlfriend is an Arcane mage but her output is not where we want it, or where it should be. As a druid healer, Im not sure where to help her. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Here is her armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... nyu/simple" target="_blank

Here are logs from our last few raid nights: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NbRz943Vyrt2Bnkg/" target="_blank
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w8LjTdzWGXqCPgJB/" target="_blank
yarafx1

Re: Help for the Girlfriend

Unread postby yarafx1 Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Get better gear first, the weapon is insanely low and Icon of Rot is a awful trinket. Go on a night bane run get Urn. That will help a decent amount, and get her some better ilvl relics.

The braided Stems ring is also pretty awful, replace it with a crit.mastery/crit vers ring if possible.
gurudox

Unread postby gurudox Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah, there's a bit of a gear issue - her legendary is really not any good at all. I suspect when she gets something with substantial stats or a damage modifier, you'll see her output increase. The trinkets are not great for her gear. Metronome isn't very good if you don't have the kilt, and as said above, Icon of Rot is pretty much junk. There are a few top-10 arcane trinkets that aren't terribly hard to farm, so see if you can get those swapped out.

I'm not sure which relics she has, but try getting her some higher ilvl relics that increase AM proc chance or increase duration of Arcane Power. Odynn drops a nice arcane relic that's pretty easy to get.

Other than that, I'd say she just needs to get more comfortable using her AoE on fights that warrant it. Even with sub-optimal gear, she could be doing twice as much damage on fights like Skorpyron, Spellblade and Tichondrius. Her dps isn't really too bad on the more single-target oriented fights considering her gear.
angrybear

Unread postby angrybear Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Here are the trinkets she has:
Entrancing Stone = 850
Sundered Comet = 850
Tincture of Arcwine = 850
yarafx1

Unread postby yarafx1 Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Those sound like Relics, I am simply saying she needs higher Ilvl ones, Metronome is fine tbh because it has so much int, go on a nightbane run the 875 relic or Urn would be a huge upgrade for her. She also has to much haste. But fixing that ring well help a decent amount.

If you guys have gold the Darkmoon Hellfire Trinket wouldn't be a terrible choice either for her.
Digichaos

Unread postby Digichaos Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 pm

I think the trinkets/relics are the first items I would look to upgrade. The trinkets with intelligence are the best and one of them is the darkmoon card: volcano which can be purchased on the AH for a pretty cheap price.

I would personally ditch Rune of Power for Incanter's Flow since a lot of the fights have movement on them and unless you are really aiming for top parses I wouldn't even mess with Rune at this point since the DPS between the two are pretty close.

I'm around a 894 item level and my top stats are Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery. I do have the best 2 legendaries in Shard/KIlt so mana is never an issue for me. If she is running into mana problems I would prioritize mastery as the top stat I am looking for.

~Digi~
a0kalittlema0n

Unread postby a0kalittlema0n Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:22 am

First off I want to say don't relay that this is a gear issue, it's definitely not. I mean more gear will make your DPS go up, but it won't fix the problem you're looking to fix. The problem she is having is more of an AoE problem.

The single target stuff isn't looking bad, 50%+ for ilvl which isn't terrible, just when any AoE phase comes in she tends to not Arcane Explosion which will result in bad parses. Knowing when to do that and when to single target is the main issue she's facing.

Stat weights aren't off as previously suggested either, 15% haste is more than fine and not too much. I have some videos of kills of most normal bosses if she wants to watch those to see how to do it. I would recommend she does that as it'll make a lot more sense if she sees it.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”