How much can Simulationcraft me trusted?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Yonaz

How much can Simulationcraft me trusted?

Unread postby Yonaz Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:33 pm

The reason I ask is, I have 880 Oiled Rigger's Handwraps and just got 860 Tier-gloves from Stau Augur. when I sim this, the Tier-gloves with my back, 2 set, gimes 1K more DPS but according to Pawn, the 880 gloves is a 16% upgrade..what should I trust?
Razielsr1

Re: How much can Simulationcraft me trusted?

Unread postby Razielsr1 Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am

Simcraft is just a tool, much like Pawn is a tool. If you're just using the default Pawn stings in the addon, you have a higher chance of not getting proper information about gearing. That is why you should use the custom Pawn string that Simcraft gives you. You also need to take into consideration that Pawn purely measures the stat's between the two items, and does not check for item bonuses (like getting 2p or 4p) where Simcraft usually does.
Yonaz

Re: How much can Simulationcraft me trusted?

Unread postby Yonaz Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Simcraft is just a tool, much like Pawn is a tool. If you're just using the default Pawn stings in the addon, you have a higher chance of not getting proper information about gearing. That is why you should use the custom Pawn string that Simcraft gives you. You also need to take into consideration that Pawn purely measures the stat's between the two items, and does not check for item bonuses (like getting 2p or 4p) where Simcraft usually does.
So, the best would be to use the custom string from the sim with the 2-set, whoch sim'ed 5K higher DPS?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”