2-Piece Tier set or Legendary Gloves

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Phígment

2-Piece Tier set or Legendary Gloves

Unread postby Phígment Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

I have 2-Piece Tier set back/hands but got the Legendary Gloves yesterday is it worth breaking the set for the gloves? I've been running TV spec just not sure if the Legendary Gloves are better than the 2-set. I've simmed it and it seems tier set is better but figured I'd ask the more experienced mages if I should start using them or hold off till I pick up another tier item. Fyi toon is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ent/simple" target="_blank Ebonchill is at 38 traits. Thanks
Xinder

Re: 2-Piece Tier set or Legendary Gloves

Unread postby Xinder Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

I have 2-Piece Tier set back/hands but got the Legendary Gloves yesterday is it worth breaking the set for the gloves? I've been running TV spec just not sure if the Legendary Gloves are better than the 2-set. I've simmed it and it seems tier set is better but figured I'd ask the more experienced mages if I should start using them or hold off till I pick up another tier item. Fyi toon is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ent/simple" target="_blank Ebonchill is at 38 traits. Thanks
If you've simmed it and 2 pc is substantially better then just stick with 2pc until you get a 3rd and can swap the gloves. If it's within a few thousand though it's probably worth using the gloves because what you see in a SIM for TV spec is with bot like perfect amazing play and RNG. So a difference of a few thousand puts the gloves ahead in my mind since you'll never get bot like perfection as you're human :)
Venno

Re: 2-Piece Tier set or Legendary Gloves

Unread postby Venno Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:07 am

If you've simmed it and 2 pc is substantially better then just stick with 2pc until you get a 3rd and can swap the gloves. If it's within a few thousand though it's probably worth using the gloves because what you see in a SIM for TV spec is with bot like perfect amazing play and RNG. So a difference of a few thousand puts the gloves ahead in my mind since you'll never get bot like perfection as you're human :)
Gloves are only good if you don't munch the FoF procs they generate and can actually maintain IV longer. Stat wise they're meh. I'd personally put the 2pc bonus above any individual leggo, although that's from a me standpoint and not necessarily a you standpoint.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”