895 iLvl, 42% Crit

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Yonaz

895 iLvl, 42% Crit

Unread postby Yonaz Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

In the last weeks, I have managed to get into a few NH HC's, and gear up pretty good. I am now 895 iLvl..BUT, lost over 10% crit. Mostly because of my trinkets. 925 WitD and 885 ME, and before that I had 865 Wriggling Sinew and 850 Devilsaut Shock-Baton..should I replace some of my gear to up my crit?

And before you reply with "sim yourself": I have, the gear I have is from the latest sim :)

Please check my gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... naz/simple" target="_blank
Yonaz

Re: 895 iLvl, 42% Crit

Unread postby Yonaz Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Anyone? :(
Kathreyn

Re: 895 iLvl, 42% Crit

Unread postby Kathreyn Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 pm

You say you have simmed yourself, what action have you taken as a result of your findings?

Sim urself, find stat weights, review items value with these weights to see if any are an upgrade
replace 1 item, resim to find new stat weight, and repeat
your weights will vary on fight length, scenario type, talents, legionaries equipped, raid comp etc.

You were right to switch into those trinkets. 7.1.5 heavily shifted the bias towards heavy int with proc or statstick. Sure youv'e lost a noticeable amount switching trinkets however the int gain will more than makeup for that loss.

7.1.5 meant that our gearing was no longer a blanket pursuit of more crit. You need to evaluate each item with your stat weights on its merits as a whole, not blindy look at the crit.

I'm confused by your question. Do you mean " should I make efforts to upgrade my gear?"

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”