Right legendary combination

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Koldplay

Right legendary combination

Unread postby Koldplay Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 am

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A
Hey guys, i've recently gotten my third throughput legendary ( i've been really lucky this past month ) and i was wondering of anyone could help me figure out the right combination. The ones i have currently have are: Gravity Spiral, Rhonins Assaulting Armwraps and Shard of the Exodar

I have simmed all possible combinations and it looks like this.

Rhonins / spiral : 683k dps.

Rhonins / Shard : 692k dps

Shard / spiral : 686k dps

This is with the exact same gear on all combinations.

I was really surprised that the wrists were beating the spiral, so i looked up some guides on this site and others, everyone seems to say that the sim can't utilize the spiral properly. So i wanted to ask if anyone knows how to account for that and/or change the sim to make better use of the spiral and see if anyone had some general guidelines that would help me. (Sorry if my english isn't 100% correct, second language and all :) )
Deckzor

Re: Right legendary combination

Unread postby Deckzor Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:43 am

It is quiet simple. It depends on the Encounter. You get like 5 Wrist Procs every 3 Mins. That is round about 50-60% Mana(depends on Mastery and if it Procs during AP). So you get like 90% Mana from your extra Evocation(if you manage to get it off) -> depends on Encounter.

Another Thing to consider is the dead cast time of the extra Evo in comparison to pure Mana gain through Wrist Proc.

So in a Scenario where you would always get your extra Evo off i would take Wrist over Head in fights over 4 Mins or i would just take the one on which i have a worse Item on that Slot :)

Shard will beat the other two on most fights but remember it isnt always Patchwork. In Progress you sometimes KR in the end and you cant get another KR with another AP off. I would then take Head and Wrist and would try to go down to like 20% Mastery
Roval

Unread postby Roval Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Hey guys, i've recently gotten my third throughput legendary ( i've been really lucky this past month ) and i was wondering of anyone could help me figure out the right combination. The ones i have currently have are: Gravity Spiral, Rhonins Assaulting Armwraps and Shard of the Exodar

I have simmed all possible combinations and it looks like this.

Rhonins / spiral : 683k dps.

Rhonins / Shard : 692k dps

Shard / spiral : 686k dps

This is with the exact same gear on all combinations.

I was really surprised that the wrists were beating the spiral, so i looked up some guides on this site and others, everyone seems to say that the sim can't utilize the spiral properly. So i wanted to ask if anyone knows how to account for that and/or change the sim to make better use of the spiral and see if anyone had some general guidelines that would help me. (Sorry if my english isn't 100% correct, second language and all :) )

I currently run Rhonin's and Spiral, and I've had some situations where I don't actually have to barrage until about 4 minutes into the fight. This is with only 25% mastery as well.

Shard I find is really only good if you can hero on pull and then hero again on the 3rd AP when MOA is involved, otherwise it's really a middle of the road legendary for Arcane.
Roval - Stormrage - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... l/advanced" target="_blank
Doty

Unread postby Doty Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

It's so funny, because I have the same legendaries. I wanted to ask the same question as Koldplay, but
I am not quite satisfied with your answer.
There are two more pros for spiral.
Gravity Spiral has good synergy with the 4 set bonus, because you will always have at least one evo on cooldown and the 4 set would always reduce the remaining cd of evo, whereas without Gs, if you have a lot of arcane missiles proccs evo is ready and you are not out of mana.

The second thing we need to mention is that Rhonins is rng dependent. Maybe I am a little bit biased, because I played with Rhonins last week and I don't like it.

And I got another point. GS is not just one more evo, because if you use it the first time you would get one cd and if you burn the second one with your third rune of power+ MoE, the third evo is not far away, plus your arcane power should be up at this time, so you can burn a lot more mana during your prepot and a bloodlusted pull.

Do you think my pros are justified ?
Haruichi

Unread postby Haruichi Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Also, I guess, don't discount that you stand to gain - depending on the ilvl of your alternate item, of course - in the region of 500-600 intellect by wearing a legendary head item rather than a legendary wrist item.
Kythos

Unread postby Kythos Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:49 pm

keep in mind that most fights in NH are not pure single target, this is where Rhonins starts to fall off.

going to test Rhonins/kilt on Star Augur because we save lust for the very end. (vs shard)
pewpewpewpewpew!
Discord: FlowMage#8037
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/arthas/Kythos
Koldplay

Unread postby Koldplay Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys :). Gonna test it out some more
Doty

Unread postby Doty Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Keep us in check. I'd like to hear your thoughts
Koldplay

Unread postby Koldplay Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Keep us in check. I'd like to hear your thoughts
So i thought i'd post my guilds heroic run from last night. I played frost on some of them, but the arcane fights are with the spiral / shard combination.

Keep in mind that fight length is a factor here since we are gearing some alts/socials up, in our heroic runs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PjKxvGDqF62RpMyV" target="_blank

we're finally getting some more mythic progress this Sunday, i'll post the logs when i can :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”