Botanist Mythic

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
broedrost

Botanist Mythic

Unread postby broedrost Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

We're soon to be progressing Botanist and I've been watching logs for that fight to see what talents people are playing.. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/1 ... &spec=Fire" target="_blank
Keep in mind that the damage on those logs is only counted on one target at a time (if you deal damage to a target that will heal fully, that damage won't count on logs). This means you should focus on single target only (both for progressing the fight and for logs if you're trying to parse)

My question is: why are so many playing Kindling? Is meteor damage so bad if splitted on 3 targets? and Cinderstorm so bad too? Almost all of those who are playing Kindling also uses MI which means they only have MI for half of the Combustions, much like when we delayed Wriggling Sinew in EN.

And also: Flame Patch over Unstable Magic? I could understand that one, though but Kindling messes with my head a bit
Aikha

Re: Botanist Mythic

Unread postby Aikha Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 am

I think it all depends on your guild. For instance, I was assigned to kill all the parasites, along with the other fire mage/ele shaman/hunter while all others didn't even look at them unless called for. So I took RoP/AF/CiS and tried to position myself so my casts would hit adds and the boss.

If you don't need to switch to the adds and focus them then I suggest to go full single target and just use some HS procs on flamestriking the parasites, since the most critical part of the fight is phase 3, which is 1 boss only and just 1 or 2 rounds of parasites spawning.

Kindling over Meteor is just personal preference I think, unless someone else has more input on that.

Good luck on the fight!
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 am

Maybe Kindling hits a couple of timing sweet spot, because you don't have to sit on Combustion for ages in p2 (to have it ready at the start of p3) and maybe you get a third Combustion out of it in p3?!
That's about the only reason I can imagine why you'd take it.

Personally I went with Meteor, CiS also looks like a decent choice if you need to focus Parasites and are good at aiming it.
Brenarina

Unread postby Brenarina Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Is it possible that Mirror images can spawn flowers in this fight?
We did botanist yesterday (hero not mythic) and had the issue that I got targeted by the flowers while having mirror images up. I ran but when the flowers reached my old positions they spawned 3 new pairs of flowers.

Did anyone else encounter this?
Rabona

Unread postby Rabona Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Is it possible that Mirror images can spawn flowers in this fight?
We did botanist yesterday (hero not mythic) and had the issue that I got targeted by the flowers while having mirror images up. I ran but when the flowers reached my old positions they spawned 3 new pairs of flowers.

Did anyone else encounter this?
We've had two mages with MI and never encountered this. On HC RoP should be vastly superior anyway though.
dioneslol

Unread postby dioneslol Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Meteor is soo good for parasites, you pretty much only use it on then unless you're at p3, easy and reliable burst
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:36 pm

The only problem in this encounter is P3 and Parasites.Dps before P3 does not matter at all and after that it's huge race. If you have enough dps for parasites, go full burst mode (talents choices depends on your guild dps, because if you can sqeeze one more combustion due to Kindling go for it, if you can't go for meteor). If you don't have enough dps for adds, can go for CiS
Frostyspeed

Unread postby Frostyspeed Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:45 am

If you have around 50% Crit and you take into account that Meteor is only about 35% as effective as usual, Kindling begins to pull ahead for this fight. The way you find out what to use is as follows: The DPS Value of Meteor (Non-DoT) *0.33 vs DPS decrease of Kindling on SimCraft. For me, my dps difference was very similar to the dps value of meteor and Kindling pulls slightly ahead, but since Phase 3 is where the DPS matters, I prefer Meteor since i want more reliable damage in phase 3 rather than more combustions throughout the fight. Kindling is not recommended for progression on Mythic Botanist.
Mage

Unread postby Mage Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 pm

if you can sqeeze one more combustion due to Kindling go for it, if you can't go for meteor). If you don't have enough dps for adds, can go for CiS
This is all there is to say.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”