What is the most effecient use of Meteor and MI?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Misaki

What is the most effecient use of Meteor and MI?

Unread postby Misaki Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I've been wondering what is the best use of the Meteor talent and MI.

When using Meteor is it best to delay my meteor to try and get a high amount of stacks of Pyretic Incantation? Also should I use meteor mid-combust when I have 5 stacks instead of before combust then combust while its coming down?

When using MI is it best to use combustion then use MI or the other way around?
Malon
Global Moderator

Re: What is the most effecient use of Meteor and MI?

Unread postby Malon Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Meteor: Don't delay it, PI is inherently random and can't be guaranteed. You want to cast Meteor, then Combust before it spawns - it snapshots your modifiers when it spawns, which is about a second before it lands. Don't waste a GCD casting it mid-Combust.

MI: For a long time I thought that MI snapshotted, so would Combust > MI. However, testing by the Mages in Discord revealed that that isn't the case and the Images will update dynamically, so feel free to MI > Combust.

Using all three spells, you would theoretically MI > Meteor > Combust for maximum DPS.
Author of Wowhead's official Mage guide: http://www.wowhead.com/classes#mage
Follow me for Mage tips and tricks at @ArcaneTactics (https://twitter.com/ArcaneTactics" target="_blank)
Misaki

Re: What is the most effecient use of Meteor and MI?

Unread postby Misaki Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Thank you.
I have the waist and TW ring legendary and I've been simming to go all out haste until I get 10k haste (Around there is a soft cap where it goes from my best to worst stat), should I just ignore the sims and gear to get around 60-65% crit or should I stick with keeping my haste at 10k? I have 48% crit and 27% haste. Thanks

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”